Sierra County New Fire - Bassetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirkenVogt

New fire near Bassetts, on Hwy 49 NE of Downieville in Sierra County. 100 plus acres last I heard, spreading rapidly and medium to long range spotting. Structures threatened and incident command team ordered, will go into extended attack for sure. Strike team ordered for structure protection and multiple other orders outstanding and I am sure there will be another big order soon. Staging area at Sierraville Rodeo Grounds I believe I heard.

What I know:
Command - USFS Tahoe National Forest Fire Net - 168.175
Tactical - USFS/NIFC Tac 3 - 168.600

What I surmise:
Air-Ground - USFS Air-Ground - 170.000
Air-Air - Air Tactics 3 - 169.200
Tactical - USFS/NIFC Tac 1 - 168.050
Tactical - USFS/NIFC Tac 2 - 168.200

Birken

BirkenVogt

I can hear the air tac here at work, I don't generally monitor ground tacs though. The command net is loud and clear.

As of right now they are just releasing the initial attack resources. They have been going pretty much non stop ever since start time about 1300 yesterday I think.

Birken

zoso4zep

Bassetts Fire Night Ops

I monitored the Bassetts Fire Operations overnight Thursday into early Friday morning on the USFS 168.775 TNF Forest Net repeater. The mutual aid fireground appears to be 154.265 White Fire 2. There is a lot of QRM and fading on the simplex but it was readable and they referenced locations at or near Hwy 49 and Bassetts.

Zo

Status
Not open for further replies.