Sierra Pacific Power Company Fire Dept?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, i kept forgeting to post this, but back during the Linehan Fire (thats burned across McClellan Peak in Carson and Lyon Counties). I remember hearing of a Sierra Pacific Power Company brush engine onscene. I've never heard of this before, does SPPC have their own fleet of engines, and do they have a dispatch channel?

TOUGHLIFE

I have never heard of them having any fire equipment and I do not see any talkgroups for them on the NSRS which they use in Nevada.

nhp9943

Yes they have a fire brigade and a brush truck or two. They only protect exposure to the power poles and lines. They are also available to shut down lines in the event that there is a potential threat to other fire personell. They have a power company radio and some times will have a vhf radio to communicate on fireground channels. Rarely do you see them as this was a program designed for the remote areas of Nevada. They do not have lights or sirens and do not respond code 3. Equipment is usually a basic looking power company truck with a tank and pump on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.