Sierra-Sacramento Valley Emergency, what the heack is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaljim6

Sierra-Sacramento Valley EMS Agency is one of many in the state that operates the (usually) UHF med net radio system for their region. Generally, several counties make up the territory. Some agencies license the radios for their users while in others, the counties/cities/hospitals/ambulances license them individually.

A quick google gives you:

http://www.ssvems.com/

firefighterbiddle said:
Any idea what it is? I found these doing a FCC search on the database here. There all UHF.
Scott B

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
S-SV EMS is the local EMS licensing agency for the counties surrounding Sacramento (excluding Sacramento County due to politics). They issue all certificates for EMT-B's and local licenses for EMT-P's. They apparently also license the local mednet radio frequencies (I didn't know that until I saw this post).

BirkenVogt

Actually they didn't claim responsibility for those freqs until recently. It had fallen to the individual counties who were too apathetic to care. I started stirring up $#!+ on this issue some years ago and I don't know if it was my prodding or some other cause but SSV finally decided to take some action I guess. The system is still unused for the most part although myself and a few technology minded paramedics will use it for hospital contact occasionally as the situation warrants.

Birken

Status
Not open for further replies.