Sig.Stalker vs. Sp.Stalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

pki

Hi.

What is the difference betwwen Sp(ecial) Stalker and Sig(nal) Stalker?
Pro-163.

THx

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well, I think you mean Signal Stalker (RadioShack term) and Signal "Sweeper"(GRE term). Both are identical, with exception of available features based on the model it is equipped on. Signal Stalker I (one) is the same as the Uniden Close Call, Signal Stalker II (two) is the same as Spectrum Sweeper. All use the near field sensitive capture method of acquiring an active radio signal.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Signal_stalker
Spectrum Sweeper - The RadioReference Wiki
Uniden Close Call - The RadioReference Wiki

DonS

What is the difference betwwen Sp(ecial) Stalker and Sig(nal) Stalker?
Pro-163.

"Special" Signal Stalker mode is the same as "regular" Signal Stalker mode with one addition: if you have locked out 5 or more frequencies in a single 1MHz segment, that 1MHz segment will not be checked as the scanner sweeps through the frequency range(s).

NESN

"Special" Signal Stalker mode is the same as "regular" Signal Stalker mode with one addition: if you have locked out 5 or more frequencies in a single 1MHz segment, that 1MHz segment will not be checked as the scanner sweeps through the frequency range(s).

This raises a question. How do you restore the locked-out frequencies? Will it restore at start-up (reboot) like the regular Temporary lock-outs? I run the Stalker for hours at times in different places and in heavy intermod areas, I'll start locking out rapidly.

pki

The lockouts are hold even after power off.

To view locked freq press FUNC, L/OUT, then browse with up/down. To remove press CLEAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.