Have a SDRPlay RSPdx.

Will Sigmira decode:

a. Navtex

b. Any of the Acars freq's ?

Thanks,
Bob

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unfortunately the word is that Sigmira's developers seem to have abandoned the app.

You can find links to just about any HF related software decoder here...

You can also get recommendations for NAVTEX and ACARS decoders here...

Mike

GB46

Unfortunately the word is that Sigmira's developers seem to have abandoned the app.

You can find links to just about any HF related software decoder here...

Besides 4209.5 kHz, there are other frequencies where Navtex is found on a regular basis:
6314.0 Boston (NMF)
8416.5 Buenos Aires (L2C), Honolulu (NMO), Iqaluit (VFF), Pt. Reyes (NMC)
12579.0 Boston (NMF), Buenos Aires (L2C), Honolulu (NMO)
16806.5 Boston (NMF), Buenos Aires (L2C), Pt. Reyes (NMC)
22376.0 Honolulu (NMO)
Unfortunately, some of can be on the air for hours just idling until they're ready to broadcast some bulletins. I've managed to pick up all of them, with the exception of 22376.0, which would require better band conditions.

4209.5 is one I haven't checked out yet, and the two longwave frequencies are impossible for me to monitor due to severe RFI on longwave.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well I get to eat my own words for a change - per the UDXF the Sigmira app has been updated after a 4 year hiatus. It's main new feature is that it will now directly interface (thru SDRUno) with SDRPlay devices (although it should be noted that the manual hasn't been updated to include this feature yet). There is also (maybe) the addition of adding ALE decoding, although again there's nothing in the manual or website to suggest this. I am told there is a 'M141' button on the GUI (the mode is more correctly known as MIL-STD-188-141A/B).

In addition, Sigmira will handle NAVTEX through the SITOR-B setting; the differences between the 2 modes are very minor.

You can find the software here

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Per the UDXF - if you are using VB Cable to feed other apps for a SDR, you're going to find that Sigmira disables it. You will need to delete and reinstall

That's a real bummer of a bug....Mike

(edit) For SDRPlay users - let Sigmira launch it, per the UDXF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.