Signal 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Several times over the last couple days Grafton Corrections has called OSP 47 on Mutal Aid advising them they have a signal 21.

Any idea what a signal 21 might be?

For that matter does anyone have a list of signals and codes used by the prison system? It doesn't seem to be consistent with the Buckey Sheriffs Assosiation list.

r_eugene1

Several times over the last couple days Grafton Corrections has called OSP 47 on Mutal Aid advising them they have a signal 21.

For that matter does anyone have a list of signals and codes used by the prison system? It doesn't seem to be consistent with the Buckey Sheriffs Assosiation list.
This link may help but they sound close to what I remember them to be. Hope this helps.

Ohio State Highway Patrol Codes & Signals

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

'Count OK'.......

From a post in this forum in 2005 found with search tool:

Ohio Prison Codes (From Police Call 2005)

1 In Service
2 Out of Service
3 Emergency
5 Escapee
6 Hostage Situation
7 Riot
8 Fire
9 Suspicious Circumstances
10 Disabled Vehical
11 Fog Plan in Effect
12 Fog Plan Lifted
13 Call
14 Request Assistance
15 Report To
16 Assignment Complete
17 Disregard
18 Stand By
19 Investigate
20 Location
21 Count OK
22 Count in Progress

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Guess the next question is why does the post care? This only seems to have popped up since the M-Call talk group has been used starting maybe 6 weeks ago.

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Guess the next question is why does the post care? This only seems to have popped up since the M-Call talk group has been used starting maybe 6 weeks ago.

It's been happening for years at many facilities, on low band, then LEERN, now the local MCALL; some might also advise by phone. You may be hearing it now due to dispatching consolidation.

I've been hearing it from Pickaway Correctional for many years, and from others during my travels.

mdulrich

Feed Provider

OSP is the law enforcement agency for the prisons and are the first to be called for prison problems. They are in the loop for making sure the counts are correct. The clear counts were happening for years at the Lima prisons and Post 2.

Mike

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Yes, for many years Lebanon (LeCI) used 45.0200 (old OSP F3) to check-in with Post 83. Now they use MCALL 1 to check in.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
I, along with several others in Lorain County, have been listening for years. In fact the Grafton "Honor Farm" as it was called then, prison was one of the low band crystals I got in my BC-3 in 1978.

I have never caught this on OSP's old low band or VHF, LEERN, MARCs or any where else prior to my separate post a few weeks back about Grafton being on M-Call. I have listened to the Grafton tower since the second it went live. Id like to have a dime for every pill call I've listen to there. Never a count given to OSP.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Looking back through my logs, many of these counts have been given to a RID returning to a patrol car. Not centralized dispatch in Medina.

I have also logged a lot of routine traffic for Grafton on M-Call such has housing transfers, pill calls and man down.

Leave it to Lorain County to be last at what others in the state have done for years.

OHIOSCAN

Was hearing the same tfc on M-Call wondering why the hell are they calling the Post. Never heard that practice on there VHF. Signal-21 call is the prisoner count, been seeing alot of GCI\LCI white prisoner vans driving by the house lately.

Mike

D

davef1982

Which M-CALL are they using? I'm going to guess its M-CALL 2. I'm just curious so I can listen in.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.