signal 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrplmil

4:55pm 6 miles south of Hammon car, simi accident.
seems like I hear a signal 30 2 times a week in Roger Mills county.

jrplmil

to make it worse it is one of the elderly residents of Cheyenne. she was 79 and a very nice person. She should not have been driving.

KD5WLX

Can't we just stick with DRT or T/U or ART instead of using all these "codes" and "signals".

(translation for those who don't listen to Boortz - DRT "dead right there", T/U is "toes up" (politically correct version, of course) and ART is from Rush - "assumed room temperature".)

Chaos703

jrplmil said:
4:55pm 6 miles south of Hammon car, simi accident.
seems like I hear a signal 30 2 times a week in Roger Mills county.

I don't understand how you have a "simi accident." Either it was an accident or it wasn't. You can't have it half way.

CommShrek

Maybe it was a "sim accident" where an online virtual senior citizen got killed. ;)

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Signal 30 is OHP's code for a DOA. Remember the old movie by that title from driving school? yuk.

I heard that dispatch, 18 wheeler into a ditch. too bad. We get almost all the victims from RM county here in our ER.

What's up with Air Evac? are they adding another helo here? they are running about 24/7 right now. I'm working on plans for their landing pad at our new facility. Got to be better than what we have now. btw, Carl's Jr. is a great place to watch them come in the existing pad is rigth across 3rd st.

Jim
KE5FEK/KE5AZY

jrplmil

Gee you all should go to ebay and get those little cards with the signals and 10 codes for somewhere other than here,USA

red8

Our code of a deceased person is 10-7 If the person died of natural
causes it would be a 10-7 natural. In all other cases we notify csi and
detectives. That's how it's done on the bayou

freqscout

Except it is a Signal 30 in OKC if it is accident involved. Gosh........CSI.........Get it flippin right.

red8

Well it's true if there is fowl play the detectives and crime scene would come out and instigate what happened. But if it were an MVA
Traffic Homicide and the coroner would come out. For you kind Okies
in Oklahoma an MVA is short for motorvehicle accident. Or a signal 20

tiawah466

Actually there are no more MVA's, they have been changed to MVC's. Motor Vehicle Collision. Also for EMSA signal 48 for natural death, signal 30 for anything else, not that we can hear it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.