Signal Comms Corp R532

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
Hi guys - this great little airband receiver is very sensitive - too sensitive in fact as it often lifts the squelch and the voice is barely audible - but my main problem is the squelch has no hang time - as soon as the carrier drops the scan continues so you miss the reply until the scan has stepped round. I'd like to delve deeper into the radio but there's no schematics available that I can find but I'd like to ask any owner if this is typical of this receiver or do I have a defect - no good chasing for something that's not fixable!

TIA - Martin

andrewgm

Hello Martin
This post a little old now but I just saw this...
I have the R532 running all the time and it's still excellent. I have the same problem as you but I also have the slightly newer R535 fixed on my favorite frequency and also an old Yupiteru 8000 that goes like a rocket on general scan functions ( well, compared to the Signal scanners it's fast ) so I don't miss much.
The R532 is very sensitive for it's age so I make good use of it with a good airband dedicated antenna up on the chimney stack plus I've been a bit OTT on quality feed line, connectors and band pass filters etc.
Your Signal sounds like it's working perfectly to me but I agree it'd be nice to find a service diagram all the same.
You don't see many of these models for sale and I'm sure it's because they're just so damned good.....or they all got broken except for ours !

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.