Signal degrade after add new systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slreno1217

Premium Subscriber
Maybe a silly question but I have a couple mot smart net 2 banks setup and sound and signal are flawless.
Well I decided to add a couple more banks of city's I frequent occasionally. Those banks are edacs and marks-ip based system. After doing so I notice the smart net banks lost quality and signal popping and fade like crazy. Is this normal ? Or could it have been a bad write to scanner or what. It even does this if I turn off new banks I wrote to. Now I rewrote with the original city's I had without the edacs and marks-ip system and quality and signal is back to perfect again.
Anyone ever seen this and may have some advice.

It is a pro96 scanner

N8IAA

You do realize that the Pro-96 only works on Phase I digital systems that don't have 700MHz CC's, and definitely not Phase II at all? You, also, didn't elaborate on what the other areas that you were trying to monitor, so can't help there.
Larry

slreno1217

Premium Subscriber
not real sure ... brand new to this.. I am just happy I get where I live and it is Dayton ohio (Motorola Type II Smartnet) Montgomery county ohio (Motorola Type II Smartnet) and ohio state pat. (MARCS, 800 MHz)

I was trying to add clark county ohio (Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25)
Project 25 Phase Il)
and Miami county ohio (EDACS Standard)

not sure if it can get them or not but not real concerned if it cant,..
but any way just noticed how the signals on the smart net ll banks and sound degradation happened after I download the new systems to the scanner from radio reference. and was wondering why.
from what you are saying I probably cant get the project25 but should be able to get the edacs Miami county ..
thanks for the info
it is appreciated.

N8IAA

not real sure ... brand new to this.. I am just happy I get where I live and it is Dayton ohio (Motorola Type II Smartnet) Montgomery county ohio (Motorola Type II Smartnet) and ohio state pat. (MARCS, 800 MHz)

I was trying to add clark county ohio (Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25)
Project 25 Phase Il)
Clark has 700MHz frequencies, and is Phase II.

and Miami county ohio (EDACS Standard)
Don't forget you need to put in all of the channels in their LCN, logical channel number, for your scanner to hear what's going on. That is, starting in channel 01, etc..

not sure if it can get them or not but not real concerned if it cant,..
but any way just noticed how the signals on the smart net ll banks and sound degradation happened after I download the new systems to the scanner from radio reference. and was wondering why.
from what you are saying I probably cant get the project25 but should be able to get the edacs Miami county ..
thanks for the info
it is appreciated.
I do miss living in OH because of the scanning opportunities that are available.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.