signal indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Is there a known reason why while scanning a given system (single CC / site) the Uniden radios seem to "drop" lock on a regular basis (as seem from the signal strength meter bars) while scanning but does not do this when you are paused/holding onto a talkgroup?

I think I recall seeing this on my 396T also and never understood why.

As far as I know I have no priorities of any type enabled so that's not the reason.

What is the scanner looking for when it (apparently) releases and then acquired the CC when there is only one CC/site active?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Is there a known reason why while scanning a given system (single CC / site) the Uniden radios seem to "drop" lock on a regular basis (as seem from the signal strength meter bars) while scanning but does not do this when you are paused/holding onto a talkgroup?

I think I recall seeing this on my 396T also and never understood why.

As far as I know I have no priorities of any type enabled so that's not the reason.

What is the scanner looking for when it (apparently) releases and then acquired the CC when there is only one CC/site active?

This is all UPMan has publically told us...

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...ically-monitoring-one-system.html#post2075871

nd5y

From what I can tell on the 396T nothing else is happening.
Either they made the S-meter flash on purpose while the display is showing ID SEARCH and ID SCAN or it is a minor firmware bug.

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Thanks Kevin.

UPMan - does the radio drop the CC lock when this happens (thus it has to reacquire it each time)?

I'm pretty sure it does, I'll try to confirm this later today.

If you change the "Hold" time to say 10 seconds the "housekeeping" drop out should occur on that interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.