signal meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCJ2

Hey guys got a question is there a meter I can check my signals I have scantenna st-2 but 800Mhz is really choppy I have PRO-652 scanner and a PRO-2096 I have a tower in my area that is like 10 miles away and another that is like 30 miles away thanks in advance for any info

majoco

Stirrer
Instead of relying on the 'bars' on your scanner, you need a proper receiver such as an old Icom R7000 that has a real "S" meter - or you may be able to find on EPay a TV field strength meter which you can feed your antenna into - they're not particularly good at finding intermittant transmissions though.

JamesO

Hey guys got a question is there a meter I can check my signals I have scantenna st-2 but 800Mhz is really choppy I have PRO-652 scanner and a PRO-2096 I have a tower in my area that is like 10 miles away and another that is like 30 miles away thanks in advance for any info

So before you worry about a "meter" you should expain the system you are having problems with. The problem may be signal level, it may be Simulacast problems.

What coax are you using and how long?

You could get a cheap SDR dongle so you can get a better idea about signal levels that are being received.

BCJ2

using RG6 about 50ft I have a DVB-T+DAB+FM lol i need to learn how to use it its just sitting there

Status
Not open for further replies.