Signal Strength Bars Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else had this issue? I have had the scanner about a month when they stopped working. I have reprogrammed the unit and undated the Filmware with no luck. Any ideas????

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Hey thanks for the response. Tried the detailed screen to no avail. Still not on the display.

Rich

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I’ll admit it where do I look to find that out???? I didn’t know you could turn it off or on..... 🤷‍♂️

mc48

Premium Subscriber
It's located in several places try these, Edit Profile>Misc.>Global Attn., Edit Fav list>select fav>toggle onto favorite>sites.
You also should make sure you have a site turned.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I found it in Sentinel and it's turned "off". The Global Auto Filter is set on "Normal". I have programed the scanner with those settings. Still no signal bars.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
How is the reception, have you tried the weather scan to look for bars? I would also check to make sure you don't have the text color set to black.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
It seems to be receiving fine, I’m just outside of Phoenix the sumlcast Capital of the world and it’s receiving better than either the 536HP and the 966P2 on their system. I have the text to white with a black screen.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
You may also want to try clearing user data and reloading and/or a new micro SD card. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Yea, I’ve done that too. I was in Tucson for six weeks so I had the Tucson card in and put the Phoenix card in when I got back home. I also created a Phx backup card. Does the same thing with all of them. Thanks for your help! I’m figuring it’s going to need a trip back to Uniden.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Nope, it’s just blank where the signal meter is supposed to be. Everything else on the top of the screen is working, time, date, volume, squelch and data/P25.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If text color for SIG is set to black in the display editor, SIG will not be visible in the editor where the bar display should be. It is the second position from the right on the top line of the display (to the left of BAT).

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's more likely the foreground and background color for the signal display are set the same than a hardware problem.

Also, turn on the RSSI display to show the numeric value, it's more precise than the bars.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Wow, I thought I knew a few things about radios but apparently not. I’ll look up the RSSI and see if I can turn it on..... thanks!!

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
As mentioned in posts 15 & 16, check the text (foreground) and background colors for the SIG field. If they are the same color you will not be able to see the signal bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.