signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebird400

I am using a uniden BCD996XT. My question is why does my signal strenght vary so much it will go from full to nothing every few seconds. I am listening to Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive . I am using the antenna that came with the scanner. Is this just a trate of scanning a digital system.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
I had a similar issue with my 396T, I would have 100% signal, then down to 30-40% for no reason, even when close to the site I was monitoring, (200-300m) away, with clear line of site. Could be something wrong with your scanner like mine, or maybe your just in a bad area for that site/signal like K9WG suggested. Try taking your scanner closer to the site/tower if you can, if it works ok up close, than your scanner is probally fine, and your just in a bad area for the signal.

If thats the case you could try getting an antenna outside of your home, in a better area to recieve the signal, I have the stock antenna for my 996 hooked on my balcony, with some RG-6 coax between it and the radio, and it works fine for most of what I listen to.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like the signal going to your scanner is fading in and out,you could try installing a antenna somewhere outside where it would have enough hight to peform good.Or you could just put your scanner in different spots throughout your house and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.