• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Signalling Question- CDM 1550-LS+

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
OK!
I am new to using the CDM with Quick Call II. I have an analog UHF channel that is very active.On this channel, some special units are also toned out when needed. Now, I have the individual conventional personality set up for Quick Call II with the proper A/B/C/D tones all in. All I'm interested in is those special units, nothing else. Now, when the tones go off, I am hearing what I need to hear. That's not my problem. When the radio is on stand by mode, I am also hearing everything else on the channel that I do NOT want to hear. Anybody know what I am doing wrong here? I'm using CPS R06.12.05

Manny

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
OK!
I am new to using the CDM with Quick Call II. I have an analog UHF channel that is very active.On this channel, some special units are also toned out when needed. Now, I have the individual conventional personality set up for Quick Call II with the proper A/B/C/D tones all in. All I'm interested in is those special units, nothing else. Now, when the tones go off, I am hearing what I need to hear. That's not my problem. When the radio is on stand by mode, I am also hearing everything else on the channel that I do NOT want to hear. Anybody know what I am doing wrong here? I'm using CPS R06.12.05

Manny
This question has been asked previously about the Pro Radios as well as other series. The answer is still the same. Change your signalling squelch logic from OR to AND. You also need to program one of the programmable buttons to be MONITOR. That becomes your reset button.

Also, I believe I have posted this link several times here on RR in the Motorola subforum in regards to QC-II inquiries about the Professional series. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxAVX2o_3yDlN2lHM0hlQTYxTXc/edit?usp=sharing It contains full instructions on setting up QC-II, including the signalling squelch logic.

Professional Series = HT750, HT1250, HT1550, CDM750, CDM1250, CDM1550, EX500, EX600, EX650, Waris Radios

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
That did the trick! Thank you very much! Just goes to show you that you're never too old to learn something new! LOL..

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.