Significant Winter Storm Possible 1-28-10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxcomrox

If you are aware of a similar product from the Tulsa WX office, could you please post it? That was a very informative slide show but can't find anything like it on the Tulsa website.

TSA posts theirs Untitled Document
They had one up today but it seems to currently be MIA..

A good resource for ice is the SPIA Index located Sperry Piltz Utility Ice Damage Index They were dead on in 2007. There is a key located at the bottom of the page.

peterjmag

If you are aware of a similar product from the Tulsa WX office, could you please post it? That was a very informative slide show but can't find anything like it on the Tulsa website.

I will when it becomes available. I haven't seen one from Tulsa yet.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
I'm starting to think it's all my fault... :p The weekend before Christmas I did something I have never done before - cut down a tree and chopped it up for disposal. Guess what I did again last weekend? :D

Generator fueled and ready... Solar system working nicely, with a battery bank large enough to keep the essentials going... (You know, the really important things: scanners, ham rigs, computer, 'net connection - long as Cox can keep their end going! Oh, and the fridge too, I suppose...)

My sister called last night - "I was just thinking about you, and had to call to harass you! Are you getting the house ready for guests when we all lose power and you're the only one who has any?" :)

I just hope that the "error" deviation for this weather report is "standard" (i.e. we get less than they report, or nothing), I'd rather not have the opposite like we had Christmas Eve!

peterjmag

Ohhh no the latest models are indicating more of a freezing rain event. That sucks, could we have a repeat of the 07 storm or worse?

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious, where/how did you find those weather briefs? I've never seen those before, and I really like them. I bookmarked the link, but went searching a bit and didn't see a link to them from the usual forecast pages...

I have now had three people today ask me about my generator and where I bought it. Bit late for them to be thinking about that, but at least they are taking the warning seriously...

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious, where/how did you find those weather briefs? I've never seen those before, and I really like them. I bookmarked the link, but went searching a bit and didn't see a link to them from the usual forecast pages...

For the Norman office, it's linked off the "enhanced" page. Go to NWS - Norman Forecast Office and click on "Enhanced" page and bookmark it.

No new Multimedia Briefing that I've seen today. KI5GT usually does them and I understand he's busy with traditional media today. :-(

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Norman has a new briefing up at that link now. 2PM today.

Not much change, the metro is at the north edge of the "freezing rain and sleet" line. Still expecting the transition to freezing rain sometime during the morning, by noon.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
I-44 is being closed Elgin to Chickasha. PSO has some lines that are weighted down with ice, hanging so low that semis are barely clearing them.

Another trooper just said some lines are actually down on the roadway just north of Chickasha.

And it's moving this way...!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.