Sikeston resident needing assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZK1975

Premium Subscriber
Well, Pro96com tells me i'm using the bloomfield tower. My TSYS Multisite tabs are set on Roam. I'm not mobile so should i be on Stat or Off? Also wondering how you guys best sort your talkgroups or conventional channels or does it much matter?

semo

Well, Pro96com tells me i'm using the bloomfield tower. My TSYS Multisite tabs are set on Roam. I'm not mobile so should i be on Stat or Off? Also wondering how you guys best sort your talkgroups or conventional channels or does it much matter?

Good questions. When scanning I use Multisite Stat then Check all CC. This has a slower scan rate but allows me to hear all traffic on MOSWIN as it checks each tower. I guess its more of a preference than necessity. See what works best for you. I like to hear as much as possible since MOSWIN is new. If you just want to hear Sikeston disabling multisite will work, or just use roam since your not mobile. (As MOSWIN continues to expand I am going to have to experiment with this some more.)

It doesnt seem to matter how talkgroups are sorted. My understanding is the radio does not scan talkgroups so I guess the arraignment will have a minimal effect. Conventional channels arraigned properly will speed up scanning somewhat. There has been a few posts on how to best do that. Since the area here is so rural and not alot is scanned I personally dont worry about it.

ZK1975

Premium Subscriber
When scanning I use Multisite Stat then Check all CC. This has a slower scan rate but allows me to hear all traffic on MOSWIN as it checks each tower

So this change in scanning will produce more, but in return cause missed broadcasts for whatever reason This, then, introduces the actual use of the priority feature, eh? One of these days I'll get the hang of it all and my radio will be obsolete like my old analog radio.

tslooney

Premium Subscriber
Uniden BCD396XT

I know im a lil late in the discussion but seeming yall are from around here I'm wanting to know if the Uniden BCD396XT scanner will pick up sikeston dps. All help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.