Silly question on pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenAnjel

For the life of me I can't remember how to switch from manual to scan in search mode! I wanted to search the marine bands and it says "manual". How on earth do I get it on "scan"? When I press "manual" it just takes me back to the regular scanning. Pause does nothing. Scan just brings me back to scanning normal banks. This is driving me BATTY!!!! And I know it's a simple fix.
Thanks. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s.
~~I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away~~

QDP2012

I think the "Search" instructions you seek start on page 23 of the PRO 164 manual (.pdf).
(I'm not sure which specific portion of those instructions will answer your question.)

Hope this helps,

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
That pesky 164 drove me as batty well once until I memorized what to do and have yet to forget.

It's funky in that only the Marine Band is like this. As you press the SRCH button and reach the Marine Band, it will always be on MANual when you get there. The trick to remember is a two key combination to get it to search. "F" "SRCH" (Press the FUNCtion key, then press the SRCH key) Voila, the search will begin.

Perhaps a way to remember is to think, "What function do I want to work in the Marine Band?" = Function - Search

joeuser

The Wretched
May want to update the firmware, I recall something about a marine band issue. May or may not apply to your specific issue but thought I would mention it

Status
Not open for further replies.