Silly question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck0410

In my area (Madison County, NE) our medical helicopter has a dedicated talkgroup for "in-flight" communications, which include the helicopter broadcasting patient vital signs and injuries and such. The messages go through a central dispatch center in Omaha, who then relays the information via telephone to the recieving hospital. Would it be a violation of terms of service to broadcast this talkgroup on my feed, since technically, it's not "EMS-to-hospital" communication?

Thanks!

Redneck0410

Thanks... Now, another question, is there a special media player that I must use in order to get the alpha tags that my BCT15X sends, and how do I go about setting that up? I have it selected on my feed to broadcast audio tags, but I'm not seeing it. Thanks!

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I think you had better re-read the link you posted. Richard Tidd says it is definitely NOT allowed. It is the same as ambulance to hospital communications.

TOS Question - Medevac Channel

I think you had better reread what Lindsay stated: "It this instance, it boils down to this - no matter what communications come across a routine dispatch or fireground channel, it is allowed on the feed."

It is NOT a dedicated (keyword) channel used just for patient reports. "In flight" communications can be be more than just patient report relaying, therefor it could qualify as a dispatch type channel. Now, If the only thing that was broadcasted on this channel was patient reports, than it would not be allowed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.