Siloam Springs and Springdale Arkansas Moving To AWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

slobonmycob

Know-Nothingism
Both Siloam Spring's and Springdale Arkansas will be transitioning to the Arkansas Wireless Information Network and have already began the transition. The official announcement can be found here (slide 6). No word as to what will be encrypted or if they will be using APCO phase i or ii but we should assume phase ii since AWIN is already transitioning.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
If anything they may go to phase one, and be phase 2 ready for when the switch is hit, they will already be on the road running.

With the 5% missing i wonder if they will fall back on there old system or set a repeater for fail safe comms for the southern area?

slobonmycob

Know-Nothingism
If anything they may go to phase one, and be phase 2 ready for when the switch is hit, they will already be on the road running.

They will for sure be phase 2 ready in Benton County by Spring of 2020, not sure if they will be actually using it though until the rest of AWIN is phase ii capable.

With the 5% missing i wonder if they will fall back on there old system or set a repeater for fail safe comms for the southern area?

They don't "guarantee" coverage for 5% of the area, that doesn't mean it won't work, just that under certain circumstances coverage may not be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.