Siloam Springs, AR Police, EMS, Fire where??

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotttish

The database here lists all of Siloam Springs freqs. but my updated HomePatrol scanner cannot find any of them, even after I enter the exact zip code (72761). Does anyone know how to enter their specific freqs if they don't come up themselves in radeoreference within the HomePatrol scanner screen??
Thanks, folks!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
The database here lists all of Siloam Springs freqs. but my updated HomePatrol scanner cannot find any of them, even after I enter the exact zip code (72761). Does anyone know how to enter their specific freqs if they don't come up themselves in radeoreference within the HomePatrol scanner screen??
Thanks, folks!

First, just to verify - you did update the database in your HomePatrol with the latest one from RadioReference, correct?

The next thing to check is what 'services' are you scanning? If you don't have the right service types selected - law, interop, fire, etc. - then it won't stop on what you're wanting to hear.

I'm not at my HP1 right now or I'd post the exact steps to check what types you've told it you want to monitor.

EDIT: I was typing as safetyobc was posting...sorry to repeat.

scotttish

Wish it worked

Thanks, folks!

Thanks fellas. I have already done all that was advised. Updated and selected all services in fire, ems, law talk, tac, etc. Tried using at home location and GPS enabled from 10 miles to 25 miles range. Still no Siloam Springs Police, Fire, EMT, etc. I can receive Benton County Sheriff, West County, which is Sheriff'e dispatch. Siloam Springs has their own PD/FIRE/EMT dispatch and my HomePatrol-1 will not receive it at all. I can even get OK State patrol, tribal police, Springsdale Police...Not Siloam Springs at all. Thanks for any thoughts or ideas in advance!!

:) Robert

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Washington County, I believe...Nope, Benton Co.

Benton Co isnt even listed on AWIN, but Ill bet they moved there recently.

Scotttish, do you have Awin turned on? If so, make a favorites list for it, with the Rogers Site: 851.16250a 851.41250 853.41250 856.18750c 856.76250 857.76250 858.76250
859.76250 860.76250

and set it to ID Search, and see if you hear them.

Last edited:

scotttish

How to's

I'll have to keep reading as I have not seen how to turn AWIN on or off on the HomePatrol. Any reference to the manual, a link, etc., would be most appreciated in the event that one is not found. Thanks!! :)

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
If you have the sentinal software loaded, create a new favorites list, put in a name for the favorites list, like "Benton Co test". Then highlight that, and you should see Systems tab highlighted on the right. Click the + and create a system called AWIN. Click on the new AWIN on the left, and on the right, click the SITES tab. Create a site with the + button and call it Rogers. Then on the left, highlight Rogers, and on the right click the Frequencies tab. Enter the frequencies I posted above. Then go to your Profile and select Monitor On, download ON. That should give you a blank Awin site, with no departments. If you select ID Search, it should stop on every talk group ID that transmits on any of those Rogers Awin site frequencies. Then just listen for the agency you are trying to get. If you hear them, then they are on the new system. Write down the talk group IDs you hear them on, and post them so Milf can get confirmation and put it in the database.

Another method, which is a LOT slower in scanning, would be to just go to Sentinal, click the + next to USA, the + next to Arkansas, The + next to Benton, the + next to Statewide. Then highlight the Arkansas Wireless Information Network (AWIN) line (4th down) and right click. Select Append to Favorites list. In the pop up box, cleck NEW FAVORITES LIST, and then load that list into your scanner.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
453.66250 WPMU214 RM 110.9 PL Slm Sprg FD Fire FMN Fire Dispatch
460.61250 WPNW776 RM 118.8 PL Slm Spg EMS EMS FMN EMS Dispatch
460.17500 WPAR958 RM 244 DPL Slm Spg PD 1 Police FMN Law Dispatch
460.22500 WPAR958 RM 244 DPL Slm Spg PD 3 Police FMN Law Dispatch
453.38750 WPPD629 RM 114.8 PL Slm Spg PW Public Works FMN Public Works
460.61250 WPNW776 RM 114.8 PL Slm Spg Code Code Enforcement FMN Public Works

Thats directly from the DB.

scotttish

Thanks!

The local say that they can still pick up Siloam Springs, AR P.D. and such on their analog scanners...Not sure if that helps or changes anything. Much appreciated!!

Robert

scotttish

Changes Entry method?

That makes sense, since the frequencies posted my Milf are analog and not part of Awin.

Does MILF's notation of frequencies change how I enter this is basic Sentinel? I tried looking in the Sentinel menu for some of the buttons that you mention, but then again, I am pretty dumb when it comes to much of this. I thought that Homepatrol was made for 'Special," program-challenged folks like me but I did try to enter as you said, and didn't have much luck. If you can, tell me if MILF's freqs are the same as you believe, and how to most simply enter them. Sorry for any confusion...P.S., I am a disabled Navy veteran and find some additional challenges since my injuries..Thanks again!! :)

Robert

INDY72

Just to clarify, those are not my frequencies, they are taken directly from the database entry for the county's page. I am not familiar with how Sentinel Operates, so can not help you on that end. Dave or one of the others can probably get that sorted for you. :)

scotttish

Thanks!

Just to clarify, those are not my frequencies, they are taken directly from the database entry for the county's page. I am not familiar with how Sentinel Operates, so can not help you on that end. Dave or one of the others can probably get that sorted for you. :)

Much appreciated MILF! I see two sets of freqs. Some in the 453. range, and others in the 800 or so range. The locals say it's still analog here. Not sure which freqs are correct. I put in a request to Radio ref. for clarity and it was rejected by them. Not sure where to go from here...

Thanks!

INDY72

The UHF is the analog conventional that they use. The 800 is the AWIN P25 TRS. I rejected your request because it was not the correct way that is done, as I noted in the rejection. Submissions are for sending us information, and there are specific guidelines for doing such. We even put those guidelines in writing that is seen when you click submit. There are even examples of proper submissions. These forums are where you make requests for info etc.

:)

wbswetnam

Database updates

On your HP screen, choose, MENU, then ADVANCED MENU. Press the down arrow for more options. Then press VERSION. What does it say? If it is a date before this month, then Sentinel isn't updating correctly.

You downloaded the latest version of Sentinel from the Uniden website and installed that, right? You didn't use the software that comes loaded on the unit itself I hope... that is an outdated version. You must only use the latest version of Sentinel from the website. I made this mistake once.

scotttish

Reply, lol...

On your HP screen, choose, MENU, then ADVANCED MENU. Press the down arrow for more options. Then press VERSION. What does it say? If it is a date before this month, then Sentinel isn't updating correctly.

You downloaded the latest version of Sentinel from the Uniden website and installed that, right? You didn't use the software that comes loaded on the unit itself I hope... that is an outdated version. You must only use the latest version of Sentinel from the website. I made this mistake once.

Hello WBS and thanks for the insight! I did everything from the Uniden website itself. All installs and updates as well. I will walk through the steps again to install the Rogers AWIN/Siloam Springs channels. Maybe I missed something but I was not able find most of the steps as advised, in Sentinal. Thanks and blessings to you!!

Robert in Siloam, AR.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Hello WBS and thanks for the insight! I did everything from the Uniden website itself. All installs and updates as well. I will walk through the steps again to install the Rogers AWIN/Siloam Springs channels. Maybe I missed something but I was not able find most of the steps as advised, in Sentinal. Thanks and blessings to you!!

Robert in Siloam, AR.

Following his instructions above, what version does your HP say it has?

scotttish

HP version

Following his instructions above, what version does your HP say it has?

Firmware: 2.04

Database Version: 1/31/14

Help Version: 12/07/2011

Tried all so far to complete a favorates list and then to monitor AWIN/Rogers/Siloam Springs, AR to no avail. Even Radio Shack had no idea what to do...Shock anyone? Lol...Help...Ha...

Status
Not open for further replies.