Simi Valley PD Dispatch Switcheroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
For the last month or so SVPD has been dispatching on Tac 2, 482.4125, rather than their traditional 453.925 which is dead.

Just curious. What gives? Is this permanent?

Eng74

When we were on UHF they did a switch of our main dispatch channel to the secondary channel to extend the life of the equipment.

Opfor2

A lot of trunk system administrators periodically change the control channel inorder to give repeaters a rest. Granted Simi is not on a trunk sys but that could be the reason or maybe channel 1 is BO and awaiting parts from mother M.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
1249 Just heard SVPD on F2 after having it on since 1145. All seems OK.

I've heard of slow days but this has been ridiculou!.

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
something is definitely up. Went to get some Pastrami at The Hat for lunch (Brought my Scanner with me) and saw a SVP unit pull over someone down the street and did not hear anything at all for 15 minutes while I was ordering and getting my food which took about 10-15m.

Got back in the Car and had the scanner ON the whole way back home to Chatsworth and scanned nothing.

We will see what changes they've made.

Opfor2

I'm hearing them loud and clear right now keep in mind that sometimes they are encrypted and during encryption a NAC is not transmitted so it wont decode on your scanner if its NAC capable.

Engine104

Member since 2005
Right, but when they switch to encrypted, at least on my scanner, I hear noise. For the last several days, there hasn't been much radio traffic. Could they be switching some comms to cell phones?
I'm hearing them loud and clear right now keep in mind that sometimes they are encrypted and during encryption a NAC is not transmitted so it wont decode on your scanner if its NAC capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.