Simi Valley Police Channel 1 degraded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opfor2

I used to be able to hear Simi Valley Police Dispatch (453.9250, 456 NAC) loud and clear in the San Fernando Valley which I’m assuming was transmitting off of Oat Mountain. Now the signal is extremely degraded until I get back over the hill into Simi. A month or so ago channel 1, dispatch had all but ceased for almost a month and they used channel 2 exclusively. I’m wondering if they had to take channel one off the air so they could remove the Oat repeater due to some type of interference in LA County? Any thoughts??

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
Yeap one bar for me in Woodland Hills area. With Outdoor Antenna have 3 bars.
Much less AGAIN like it was couple of weeks ago. I pretty much gave up on SVPD even when it came back strong. Too busy with other stronger digital frequencies.

Engine104

Member since 2005
I've noticed that too from Winnetka. Either they dropped power, or, more likely, they made their signal much more directional.

Opfor2

I've noticed that too from Winnetka. Either they dropped power, or, more likely, they made their signal much more directional.

I think that they shut down the oat Mt repeater due to interference to another station. I believe that Simi PD Channel 1 was also used by Montebello (see attached file)

Attachments

• simi-montebello.pdf
    246.1 KB · Views: 24

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Simi Valley PD Channel 1 is 453.925. The frequencies referenced in the above attachment are at 482 MHz.

Opfor2

"Simi Valley PD Channel 1 is 453.925. The frequencies referenced in the above attachment are at 482 MHz"

Good catch the memo references Simi PD's tac 2, tac 3, and the local Government interop frequency.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
I was aware of what Opfor2 & kearthfan101 said. I just didn't want to complicate the Simi Valley/Montibello letter discrepancy.

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
"Simi Valley PD Channel 1 is 453.925. The frequencies referenced in the above attachment are at 482 MHz"

Good catch the memo references Simi PD's tac 2, tac 3, and the local Government interop frequency.
And this document was written (2004) long before the Simi system even went on the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.