Simple but does the job.

Nothing fancy, really. Got a RadioShack Pro 106 with a Larsen NMO 200 whip in the attic. There isn't much for any type of 800mhz out here, mostly VHF Hi, and it does a commanding job.

A Icom IC 7100 take up the corner space of my desk. It's absolutely awesome for receiving. (I don't have my ticket, yet) It's tied to a Alpha Delta sloper up in the attic as well with a couple Palomar Engineers filters to help with the EMI/RFI noise.

IMG_20230518_002407972[3838] (2).jpg

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely nothing wrong with simple and streamlined. In fact, I am still in the process of upgrading my shack after 30 years of accumulation. It's now pretty streamlined, although only because I haven't moved back in the unused equipment that I moved out. I am liking the new extra real estate. That IC-7100 looks like a neat little package! Always been a Kenwood man, here. Good luck in your ticket quest.
Jim

Absolutely nothing wrong with simple and streamlined. In fact, I am still in the process of upgrading my shack after 30 years of accumulation. It's now pretty streamlined, although only because I haven't moved back in the unused equipment that I moved out. I am liking the new extra real estate. That IC-7100 looks like a neat little package! Always been a Kenwood man, here. Good luck in your ticket quest.
Jim
Thanks! The 7100, at least for me is a bit of a learning curve, seems every time I look something up in the manual, there is some feature I missed or didn't know it had.

My journey with this hobby started back in 1992 with a Radio Shack Patrolman Pro 55 10 channel crystal scanner, then grew from there, Pro 2011, 38, 2046. Various antennas, Wandered into 10/11 meters in the mid 90's with a Cobra 148GTL, President HR 2510, Hy Gain super penetrator base antenna. but through various moves, getting married, family, jobs, I had to let go all of it.

I returned in 2004 and purchased a Pro 96, Uniden BC 296D and a Pro 106 and experienced the struggle of simulcast, and acquired the IC7100 from a late friend last year.