p386982917-5.jpg

p312985322-5.jpg

p675789514-4.jpg

p586949041-4.jpg

p476895308-4.jpg

Last edited:

akuter

Premium Subscriber
Nice. I have the same mobile setup in my dodge stratus. a strain on the antenna connection but easy to operate. Thanks for the pics.

VE3RADIO

Its actualy a HDTV antenna in the Attic (works great for UHF believe it or not) I use it to pickup Buffalo, New York (right across the lake) so the highly directional bean effect works great.

N8IAA

Its actualy a HDTV antenna in the Attic (works great for UHF believe it or not) I use it to pickup Buffalo, New York (right across the lake) so the highly directional bean effect works great.

My bad, I mistook the attic insulation for dirtB>P Time for new glasses:)
Larry

VE3RADIO

I have this idea when I get a 996xt, although I am just going to put heavy duty Velcro there instead. You think thats a good idea? or would the heat be too much? I REALLY dont want to drill holes.

Man up and drill!!! Your car will never go up in value! Velcro will not be a problem for heat, but unless your roads are made of silk the vibrations will make the scanner fall off.. and from my experience on PA roads, they are made of anything but silk!

daneg

Man up and drill!!! Your car will never go up in value! Velcro will not be a problem for heat, but unless your roads are made of silk the vibrations will make the scanner fall off.. and from my experience on PA roads, they are made of anything but silk!

Haha true. I want to put my scanner exactly where yours is, although I dont trust myself to drill there.

roadranger

Good Idea!

I like the use of that antenna. Good way to recycle. Do you also patch in HDTV? I am sure that it does really well on UHF. Guess since my wife has purchased cablevision and disconnected DTV, I have to recycle my cut down antenna. I cut the front end of a damaged, downed antenna and use it sucessfully for DTV.

VE3RADIO

I like the use of that antenna. Good way to recycle. Do you also patch in HDTV? I am sure that it does really well on UHF. Guess since my wife has purchased cablevision and disconnected DTV, I have to recycle my cut down antenna. I cut the front end of a damaged, downed antenna and use it sucessfully for DTV.

Yeah of course! I do not have cable either, and with a simple signal booster/spliter I am getting close to 30 HDTV stations from Buffalo, Rochester, Hamilton, and of course Toronto.

Defiantly multi purpose!

Ximat1

I know this post is a couple months old, but im curious about the XTS-5000's. You said earlier you use them for pulling long distance signals, but don't they transmit as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.