Simple Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

njemt7212

I have a XTS2500 VHF and was thinking of programming some FED freqs in my area for recieve only. (capable of P25 Conventional) and was wondering if FEDS are able to know if im listening? I dont feel like having my door kicked down. The whole Network Access Code leads me to think they can tell.

jim202

Just make sure that the personality for the federal frequencies is set to RX only.

Jim

I have a XTS2500 VHF and was thinking of programming some FED freqs in my area for recieve only. (capable of P25 Conventional) and was wondering if FEDS are able to know if im listening? I dont feel like having my door kicked down. The whole Network Access Code leads me to think they can tell.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I was about to say the same thing. Is it legal to have those frequencies in your radio? Technically YES. BUT, everyone knows the feds work under different rules and guidelines. They could confiscate your radio and wipe it clean and return it to you and have a federal judge say that it was done for the protection of their agents. Chances of them knowing about it are about the same as winning the Lotto of $342 million!

njemt7212

Yea, I only plan to listen. Yes the personalities will be set to Rx only. As I have no intention or possible reason in the world to transmitt on them EVER! I am an emt in my hometown so anything I need to transmitt on is through my town dispatch. But 342 million would be nice to have!

Status
Not open for further replies.