Simple rebanding ?? Keep old system & add rebanded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasputen246

I have updated my BC246T software to 2.60 so that is good for rebanding.
I am a premium member at RR, and have Freescan and ARC246 with no problems for 5 years.

I have read the faqs and wiki pages but I DON't know this one thing that is SO BASIC!!!

When rebanding do I keep the old freqs and add the rebanded data or blow away the old data and just load the rebanded data????????

I am in Rutherford Co TN and the system is Smryna TN...see RR db link.

Smyrna Public Safety Trunking System, Smyrna, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

So simple, but I could not find the answer anywhere
(as my eyes rolled back in my head trying to absorb all the info)

I don't usually monitor this system, and what I do monitor is all conventional UHF , so it's fooling around.
But the place is 15 miles away and I do have an 800mhz beam pointing that direction so I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!! I HAVE TO!!!! (you all know what I mean)
*<80)>rasputen

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am a premium member at RR, and have Freescan and ARC246 with no problems for 5 years.

I have read the faqs and wiki pages but I DON't know this one thing that is SO BASIC!!!

When rebanding do I keep the old freqs and add the rebanded data or blow away the old data and just load the rebanded data????????

I don't usually monitor this system, and what I do monitor is all conventional UHF , so it's fooling around.
But the place is 15 miles away and I do have an 800mhz beam pointing that direction so I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!! I HAVE TO!!!! (you all know what I mean)
*<80)>rasputen
Looking at the system link you provided, I can see why it's confusing. What's not clear to me is whether the database entry is incorrect, or if the entry is attempting to show the system as in the middle of the rebanding process. Looking at the frequencies, it appears that the "site one-Primary" frequencies, which are all in the band that are affected, were added, 'en masse', to a new "site 2-rebanded" site, with the addition of the replacement frequencies (the 868-868mhz frequencies with 15mhz subtracted). Clicking on both the Primary & Secondary line links to the same FCC license date, with identical call sign & frequency information. Also shows the same tower location, so it does not appear that there is actually two physical sites, only two entries for the same system.

In the absence of solid information from somebody who does monitor the Smyrna system on a regular basis, I'd set it up using the 'site 2-rebanded' frequencies (since that includes all of them). Also, since there's no notation as to which frequency (or frequencies) in that group are the control channel and possible alternates, just enter all of them, and don't use "control channel only" mode unless/until you can determine them. You'll have to set the system as 'Mot Custom/Reband' (I don't use ARC246, but I'm sure there's an equivalent setting), and enter the custom band plan.

Normally, once a site/system has fully completed the reband process, the 866-868mhz frequencies are deleted, and only the new ones are shown. Here's a fully rebanded system from this area. The 866-868mhz frequencies are no longer displayed.

sjlamb

*<80)>rasputen

AFTER it has been confirmed that the rebanded frequencies are now in use... only then do you eliminate the old frequencies and replace them with the new ones. Personally, I would not load the rebanded freqs until you know for a fact that the system has rebanded and that the old freqs have gone silent.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Steve,
What's crazy on the system he linked is that the "rebanded" site was added last September, when they pulled the FCC license for the new frequencies. So I think maybe somebody was thinking way too far ahead. But who knows!

sjlamb

Steve,
What's crazy on the system he linked is that the "rebanded" site was added last September, when they pulled the FCC license for the new frequencies. So I think maybe somebody was thinking way too far ahead. But who knows!

He should also check in the Tenn. forum for the most current info.

rasputen246

Thanks all.

I will check the TN page. I did notice someone posted that they had gone quiet today.

I was just thinking I would get more visability here and it's my first rebanding . That and I hardly understand trunking due to having local conventional UHF systems that I monitor usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.