Simsbury Fire follow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamwalsh627

This reply goes back to an original post posted by geeks288 awhile ago.

I agree with the post from Geeks about Simsbury and inconsistency. I monitor them too, and some of the weekend personnel sound absolutely frazzled when it comes down to sending a call out. They enter the wrong type of call to enter into the CAD to generate apparatus, don't set the sirens off and sometimes the guys can't even get dispatch to answer over the radio when they do their apparatus checks and they have to landline.

It wasn't dispatchs fault, but today even a truck went to the wrong address for a call. They had the address confused with another frequent establishment with the same street number.

bondo_06092

Premium Subscriber
Can I ask what the purpose of this thread is? Are you contributing to anything or just bashing how a town handles a comma center. Again, it sounds like you are intimately knowledgeable about this comma centers operations so why not address your issues internally? What benefit is this?

Adamwalsh627

Simsbury

I know that there are certain members that read this forum that have influence. I just want the issues addressed and they haven't been. I am trying to do it informally.

My concerns do not reflect on all the part timers. There are actually 3 of them that have been there for awhile who have alot of experience in their past and are the most awesome at their work. It's the other 5.

bondo_06092

Premium Subscriber
I know that there are certain members that read this forum that have influence. I just want the issues addressed and they haven't been. I am trying to do it informally.

Are you an employee? If so, your concerns should be addressed to a supervisor, certainly not on a public forum. Are you a member? Again, I would guess that there are other methods to address these issues that you have internally. Are you a member of the public? most certainly it would be beneficial to let the chief of the department know.

You state you want the issues addressed but what issues? your posts infer that you have an intimate knowledge of how their system and procedures work so why not pursue them in the appropriate channels? How can anyone assist you if you are hidden behind a keyboard on RR.com?

My concerns do not reflect on all the part timers. There are actually 3 of them that have been there for awhile who have alot of experience in their past and are the most awesome at their work. It's the other 5.

Again this sounds like a personal problem that needs to be addressed through the proper channels. Not on a public forum.

I'm all for positive conversation but this thread just confuses me as to the point you are trying to make here

SCPD

QRT
I heard that the radio and siren issues are getting addressed during the monthly meeting. They started giving pre-tone warnings also instead of just dropping the tones, that was an issue too.

bondo_06092

Premium Subscriber
I heard that the radio and siren issues are getting addressed during the monthly meeting. They started giving pre-tone warnings also instead of just dropping the tones, that was an issue too.

Perfect. Sounds like all your "issues" were resolved. Let's move on to a more productive discussion about something else.....:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.