Simulcast audio/data reception issues with SmArt SDR tuners and SDRTrunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tateconcepts

K5CDR
Hello all. I've recently had time to get back into SDR after a few years and I'm having some issues with my new tuners and software. The SDR setup consists of a Windows 8.1 workstation with two tuners, the first a Nooelec NESDR v4 RTL-SDR (820T) and another NESDR XTR (E1000). The first time I set this up was with a single Smart SDR (820T) near a window but have since raised it above for better reception (some FM comes in decent and is without LNA using the standard SMA smaller antenna of the three on both).

SDRTrunk loads up my local simulcast control channel and at first, I had some decent events and message traffic that would register. However, even after raising up the antenna and adding a second tuner (I did use their E1000 for the second), along with the remainder of the alternate control channels in my system, I now seem to get no messages or spotty audio, typically with SYNC LOSS - BITS PROCESSED messages. Upon further examination, I'm not even sure the tuner is actually on the control channel at this point but I used to get audio. Is there any way to check if the tuner(s) is/are calibrated in SDRTrunk?

Lastly, can anyone recommend a good portable antenna (I'm less than 3km or so from the system) or LNA to clean up the waterfall?

SDRTrunk1.JPG

Here's with 4x zoom

SDRTrunk2.JPG

Attachments

• SDRTrunk1.JPG
    SDRTrunk1.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 46
  • SDRTrunk2.JPG
    SDRTrunk2.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 33

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
From the screenshots you posted, it looks like you need to adjust your tuner's PPM to calibrate it. The signal showing in the screen shot is not aligned to the frequency where sdrtrunk is looking for the signal.

LD723

Your decoder looks to be set to C4FM change it to the simulcast one

tateconcepts

K5CDR
@LD723 Good catch! I have updated this, although I was getting some audio on C4FM(?). In any case, please see attached of same system and third site now also LSM as the first. This is the second post where there's expected functionality. It comes in just fine on this site in the same system.

Attachments

• SDRTrunk4.JPG
    SDRTrunk4.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.