Simulcast question for Shawnee co P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottk

I have the KSICS system programed into my 996t, What I wondered is should I be able to listen to the new system for Shawnee co on the existing control frequencies? as long as I am in search mode, or will I have to program the site frequencies for the new p25 system

Thanks for any help,

bchappuie

Shawnee Co. is a seperate system from KSICS. You will need to program a seperate system, with their control channels. It's all in the RR DB. There is a ty in to KSICS, and some TG's may be simulcasted across both systems. Here in JoCo. KHP dispatch TG is also simulcasted on the JoCo system on it's own TG. And they need that inter-system connection, to support all the inter-op.

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
At this time Shawnee CO Sheriff is the only one that is using the p-25 system a good part of the time. Also KHP Troop B , Topeka area is on P-25 and the old system in simulcast for now. PD has been testing and they are still fine tuning and getting the bugs out.

They were supposed to be on the new system this month, but from earlier reports, it may be 30-45 days now before all completely turned over... naturally all subject to change :)

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
There is a ty in to KSICS, and some TG's may be simulcasted across both systems. Here in JoCo. KHP dispatch TG is also simulcasted on the JoCo system on it's own TG. And they need that inter-system connection, to support all the inter-op.

Unfortunately. Shawnee County (so far) has chose not to link their new system to the statewide KSICS. There are a number of reasons- but it all comes down to $$. So, Topeka/Shawnee County will remain a radio island for the foreseeable future. All the radios being issued in Topeka have some KSICS (and even MARCS) talk groups programmed for interop.

Status
Not open for further replies.