Simulcast Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueIce

On a simulcast system. Is their a way to figure out what tower are being simulcasted? For example: Anoka County, call sign listed on Radio Reference show 5 sites. Metro Scan's coverage maps shows 11 sites. What one is correct? I'm working on adding GPS information into my BCD996XT. If someone has the latitude and longitude for towers and knows what simulcast system it broadcasts on please post.

Metro area, Goodhue, Olmstead & St. Peter areas would be nice to know.

Haven't been up north lately but the information may be good to know for the St. Cloud, Duluth and other northern simulcast system,

Thanks in advanced.

I just heard that the Saint Peter/Mankato/New Ulm towers will be simulcast. This is a change from the original plan. Also, rumor from the state is that the Mankato & Saint Peter towers will be going active sometime this month or next.

N

N_Jay

All the adjacent sites that have the same frequencies are "simulcast".

REDave

On a simulcast system. Is their a way to figure out what tower are being simulcasted? For example: Anoka County, call sign listed on Radio Reference show 5 sites. Metro Scan's coverage maps shows 11 sites. What one is correct?

The Anoka County site consists of 11 sub sites. When a talkgroup uses the site, it is transmitted out on all 11 sub sites.

Metro Scans information is very old and for the most part incorrect as far as the tower sites and frequencies go. The RR Database is the most correct Site I have seen so far as it pertains to the ARMER System.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Metro Scan has alot of great information, but I concur, a lot of frequency information regarding ARMER is out of date.

I just heard that the Saint Peter/Mankato/New Ulm towers will be simulcast. This is a change from the original plan. Also, rumor from the state is that the Mankato & Saint Peter towers will be going active sometime this month or next.

I need to change my response on this comment...the Saint Peter/Mankato/Nicollet towers will be Simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.