Simulcast Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasparek

Premium Subscriber
The counties in Michigan near me are moving or have moved to simulcast. Will a TRX1 work on these systems?

I also have a PSR 500 that allows me to program it for ROAM or STATIONARY in the settings. Will this scanner work with simulcast?

Thanks in advance!

baj76

Uniden fanboy
directional antenna "might" help, or just buy a SDS100

bob550

Premium Subscriber
You can certainly try using the TRX1. You might have luck depending on your location relative to the transmitting towers. If you're using the TRX1 in a mobile setup, your results would vary considerably.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
YMMV, only you will know if a whistler picks up simulcast at your location...(they were not designed for simulcast so it is hit or miss).

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Kent I understand is planning on a 13 tower system. Here is a thread about S.E. MI, macomb seems to have 8, wayne 4 and in the message 2 of the link Saginaw has 4. I have serious doubts it would work with 13. Depends on where the towers are and your location.

Drive over to Alleghan or Ottawa counties to test it on the Allegan simulcast with a 10 tower system and Ottawa has 7. They will do better in Kent instead of right in those counties as you would be farther away and not receiving the entire system of towers.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I am in Washtenaw county, and by luck live where simulcast has not caused any problems. Your location may vary, and even moving the radio a few feet can make a difference. I use the stock antenna because I have all bars showing on receiving all transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.