since I can't afford digital....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObiHann

It might be a bit goofy but I picked up a tiny speaker from wal-mart the other day, runs of 3xaaa batteries. I have 5-0 radio pro on my iPhone and use that to pick up the HRP feed from here on RR, I plug my iPhone into the speaker and have me a digital scanner everywhere I go. If it wasn't for the iPhone I would say its a bit red-neck haha. Only problem is the speaker isn't designed to be mounted, so I need to fab something up likely, it just sits in a cup holder right now.

shay04

hey

It might be a bit goofy but I picked up a tiny speaker from wal-mart the other day, runs of 3xaaa batteries. I have 5-0 radio pro on my iPhone and use that to pick up the HRP feed from here on RR, I plug my iPhone into the speaker and have me a digital scanner everywhere I go. If it wasn't for the iPhone I would say its a bit red-neck haha. Only problem is the speaker isn't designed to be mounted, so I need to fab something up likely, it just sits in a cup holder right now.

Well thats what i been doing with mine intill i but a digi scanner i do have older scanners but get notthing on them :( so use my i pod for now just with there was more in the north on it.. so ya red neck for sure but hell it works.. lol

ObiHann

only problem is when the feed goes down :( It was silent for 4 days, came back and is offline since yesterday afternoon! If I wasn't saving my moneys to go to comic-con this summer I would buy me a digital scanner.

piper73

look on E-bay, i got myself the PRO 106 digital, for only $350.00- just keep looking every day, a good deal will eventually pop up..... :) took me about a month to get a good deal on one, but it happened..

piper73

as you may already know, the digital scanners here in Canada Are no less than $645.00- if im scanning the ebay pages, and come across a good deal i will send the link to your INBOX.

ObiHann

as you may already know, the digital scanners here in Canada Are no less than $645.00- if im scanning the ebay pages, and come across a good deal i will send the link to your INBOX.

Durham Radio sells the PSR600 for $550 + tax. There in Ontario, and I have bought a bunch of CB stuff from them before. There is also a guy here in NS that sells the PSR600 for $550 no tax and no shipping costs within province.... I've also talked to some guys that got digital for about $400 on kijiji.....

ObiHann

mciupa

Database Admin
Durham also sells them as PSR500C or PSR600C , which means they are loaded with the Canadian band plan.:cool:
Meaning you won't have to tweak the step sizes,(usually in the VHF band) to get the precise freq.
Like( e.g. 154.2800 instead of 154.2775)

stachieo

do you happen to have a website or phone for the guy in the valley that sells the scanners. as im looking to get one by the end of apirl. not knowing whats going on around the city is killing me so im going to take the jump into it. with that being said is there any advice that i should know before i start shopping for one as i know nothing about this kinda stuff, i really only want to know whats going on in the metro area (HRP/FIRE) an maybe the HFX airport. So any kinda help would be great :D

ObiHann

do you happen to have a website or phone for the guy in the valley that sells the scanners. as im looking to get one by the end of apirl. not knowing whats going on around the city is killing me so im going to take the jump into it. with that being said is there any advice that i should know before i start shopping for one as i know nothing about this kinda stuff, i really only want to know whats going on in the metro area (HRP/FIRE) an maybe the HFX airport. So any kinda help would be great :D

Home

Tell him ObiHann sent you :)

CBFD

Both PSR-500c and PSR-600c's are 550.00 direct shipped to you with no programming...

565.00 programmed with local pick up...

585.00 programmed and shipped anywhere in the maritimes...

590 programmed and shipped anywhere in canada

NO TAX

ObiHann

Both PSR-500c and PSR-600c's are 550.00 direct shipped to you with no programming...

565.00 programmed with local pick up...

585.00 programmed and shipped anywhere in the maritimes...

590 programmed and shipped anywhere in canada

NO TAX

nice of you to drop in :)

LesWurk

the one I bought from Durham won't take the upgrade for the "C" model, and certainly wasn't loaded with the Canadian band plan

Durham also sells them as PSR500C or PSR600C , which means they are loaded with the Canadian band plan.:cool:
Meaning you won't have to tweak the step sizes,(usually in the VHF band) to get the precise freq.
Like( e.g. 154.2800 instead of 154.2775)

look on E-bay, i got myself the PRO 106 digital, for only $350.00- just keep looking every day, a good deal will eventually pop up..... :) took me about a month to get a good deal on one, but it happened..

scored mine on the Bay for 330,11 shipping,,341 total..
preowned,,Yeah,,bounus,,,I got a pile of freebies along with it,,
service manual,Yes,,the Service manual..soft case,800meg ant..
3 batt trays,,all on a BuyNow!

you gotta keep looking though,deals are out there,,jus tgotta be
dillaigant!

LesWurk

Were you still able to make it scan Canadian frequencies or did you have to return it?

Vhf frequencies steps were off, adjusted it with Win500, really not a problem but when there is a upgrade you have to use the correct one

Status
Not open for further replies.