SDS100/SDS200: Since the firmware update (latest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peerlessk

Some of the stuff I like to monitor on a LTR system since the update has been none exsistant . The talkgroup was busy listenable all day until I updated the firmware both sds100 and sds200 .

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1859

LTR standard- Liccardi radio service - the sds100 and sds200 is not monitoring the system . Why? Licciari radio service said there towers are up and running with ZERO issues . Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Some of the stuff I like to monitor on a LTR system since the update has been none exsistant . The talkgroup was busy listenable all day until I updated the firmware both sds100 and sds200 .

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1859

LTR standard- Liccardi radio service - the sds100 and sds200 is not monitoring the system . Why? Licciari radio service said there towers are up and running with ZERO issues . Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Try turning OFF the global filters

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
These filters sure are throwing everyone for a loop!
It appears they do help with VHF/UHF but anything 800MHz trunked get degraded. Global should be default to OFF. If needed it can be turned on for certain systems.

Upgrade question, is it possible to upgrade by connecting to a Mac an copy the firmware files to a memory card

Thanks everyone, i was able to connect the sds 100 to the Mac, and then copy the firmware files to the SDS 100 file system. Once I unplugged it it updated the firmware. I was able to do this for the main and the sub..

Maybe this is not the best option, but wanted to avoid biulding a WIndows VM or boot camp windows 10.

If anyone is interested , and I wil document the high level steps.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Anyone reporting an issue with GPS not working after update???? Mine has stopped working. GPS puck is blinking red (LED) as usual....no settings changed. Went into Location menu....everything is good including baud rate of 4800. Just not working for some reason. Cable issue maybe? Cable connection issue plagued the Home Patrol I and II. Any ideas????

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Anyone reporting an issue with GPS not working after update???? Mine has stopped working. GPS puck is blinking red (LED) as usual....no settings changed. Went into Location menu....everything is good including baud rate of 4800. Just not working for some reason. Cable issue maybe? Cable connection issue plagued the Home Patrol I and II. Any ideas????
GPS working fine.
747c33ded5f8fbd62f026f46e67985fe.jpg

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Is this the factory GPS or home made GPS.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Factory GPS.....Uniden's new one made specifically for the SDS-100. The puck is slow blinking red.....so it has power and a signal. Cables are all connected. But no GPS signal going into the scanner. It's worked ever since I've had the SDS100 and GPS great. I'm running the scanner in a cupholder in my car....so I'm wondering if the constant jostling around between the scanner and the power/gps cable has caused a connection internal to the scanner to come loose??? That's my thought. I'm thinking of opening up the scanner and taking a magnified look at the connection area to see what's what.

KF4JYE

Premium Subscriber

Set the baud rate to 9600 if you are using the Uniden CB-GPSK.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Baud rate change had no effect. I have the GPS adapter specifically for the SDS100....the latest and greatest. Baud rate back to 4800

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone, i was able to connect the sds 100 to the Mac, and then copy the firmware files to the SDS 100 file system. Once I unplugged it it updated the firmware. I was able to do this for the main and the sub..

Maybe this is not the best option, but wanted to avoid biulding a WIndows VM or boot camp windows 10.

If anyone is interested , and I wil document the high level steps.

Rob, I would like to see the steps but you can PM them to me rather than post to this thread, your choice. I’m running a MacBook Air.

Thanks,

Nick

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Baud rate change had no effect. I have the GPS adapter specifically for the SDS100....the latest and greatest. Baud rate back to 4800
Uniden did not make a new GPS for the SDS 100, it uses the old Uniden puck with a new adapter cable. The so called new Uniden GPS is for the SDS200. It has a connection like a phone cord. This is the puck for the 100 and the SDS 100 showing GPS....
d13d6ef7689d9672436bffdee708f09f.jpg
73d28147267804990f696cab45c4e572.jpg

paauto

I'm having the same issue with the same hardware. Puck light is blinking but I can't get "GPS" to show up in the display. Were you able to sort it out and get it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.