Single Frequency DMR vs motoTRBO trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpg178

I am trying to program in a single frequency system on a SDS200, it works fine on Single Frequency but the repeater for the system outputs 5 seconds of data every 10 seconds and my scanner gets hung up on that channel during that time, will programming it as a motoTRBO type solve this?

cpg178

Is there anyway to prevent it from getting hung up on that data burst every 10 seconds?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Is it programmed as a DMR one frequency trunk system or as a conventional frequency?
If programmed as a DMR One Frequency Trunked System it shouldn't get hung up on the data bursts..

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I have a couple of single frequency systems in my area that actually are MotoTRBO Capacity Plus trunked.

Might I suggest this. Program the frequency in as a conventional frequency. When it stops on that frequency, put it on a channel hold and look at the top of the screen just below the date.

If it shows DMR, it should be properly set up as a single channel trunk. If it is CAP+, then it is a capacity plus, and the data you're hearing is the "rest" channel. Program it as a MotoTRBO trunked system. Even though its one frequency, if it is MotoTRBO trunked you'll want to run LCN finder, since I have seen a few that put it on an LCN other than '1'.

A number of the local schools have trunking on their license, but when I went to discover them, they aren't using trunking - and this is how I validated that.

gdaykoloa

Premium Subscriber
I have a couple of single frequency systems in my area that actually are MotoTRBO Capacity Plus trunked.

Might I suggest this. Program the frequency in as a conventional frequency. When it stops on that frequency, put it on a channel hold and look at the top of the screen just below the date.

If it shows DMR, it should be properly set up as a single channel trunk. If it is CAP+, then it is a capacity plus, and the data you're hearing is the "rest" channel. Program it as a MotoTRBO trunked system. Even though its one frequency, if it is MotoTRBO trunked you'll want to run LCN finder, since I have seen a few that put it on an LCN other than '1'.

A number of the local schools have trunking on their license, but when I went to discover them, they aren't using trunking - and this is how I validated that.

I just wanted to say HEAR HEAR to this suggestion. When I returned to scanning as a hobby a few years ago, I really had no idea how to suss out what was a trunk and what wasn't. I got the SDS100 when it came out and ended up doing the above simply to become more familiar with what systems were what technology. I have an entire Favourites List of things that are yet to be worked out, and this approach is exactly the one that I (coincidentally) follow.

cpg178

I will try those suggestions, I have no problem receiving the the DMR transmissions I just wish it wouldnt get stuck on the data bursts as i miss traffic on other channels.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
When i run across a frequency thats using DMR but not sure if its trunking or conventional, i will do a frequency search and then hold on that frequency. By doing so this screen will give you the necessary info to tell if its conventional or trunking.
As they stated above it will show DMR, CAP+ CON+ or i think the other is T3.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
It will show this information if programmed as a one frequency trunked setup as well (on the details screen) You'll know it's wrong if it says anything but DMR in the mode display field.. If you see CAP/CON/DT3 displayed; Then you know there's more work/research to do on that frequency...

cpg178

Well now they made the channel encrypted so oh well. Thanks for all the info everyone

JASII

Memory Capacity

I was just getting ready to post that very question about LCN on single channel Capacity Plus systems, so I did a search and found this. There may be more single channel Capacity Plus systems near me than I originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.