Sioux Falls Aera Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlimited

I got a RadioShack Pro-106 today and RadioShack programed it there. But I want some diffrent channels. I want Fire and EMS on the same band and Police on a diffrent Band. How can I do this?

And they had a Talk Group into it scanner at the time but all day no firefighters came on it at all. And I did see the trucks go by.

Thanks
Hope you can help

SCPD

QRT
go here & click on your county etc & look around to see that at is there :). To hear a talkgroup you will need too have the trunking system entered, look around & then ask any & all questions
Paul

Unlimited

My scanner is a Digital Triple Trunking Scanner so i think it can hear Talkgroups. But i did find the page with freq. but how am i supposed to know which is which. THey aren't listed like Fire, Police, EMS?

Unlimited

Sioux Falls Scanners

How do i know what freq. is what if is not listed? Like theres Red and Blue but which one is fire,ems, police?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
NEVER have a scanner programmed at RS! By and large, they will use Scancat Lite Plus and it's rife with problems - search the many threads on the subject.

Get one of the big 3 for this scanner - ARC500, Win500 or PSREdit500. Go to the South Dakota forum and ask for a file. SD also is quite tricky in that, if memory serves, it requires 3 separate offsets to trunk their statewide system. I doubt a RS employee would even know about that.

See this wiki article (anything in blue is a link) for the links to those 3 packages.

73 Mike

SCPD

QRT
How do i know what freq. is what if is not listed? Like theres Red and Blue but which one is fire,ems, police?

eneter all the frequencies listed for that system then enter what talkgroups that you are interested in listening to. talk groups & the frequencies are NOT the smae thing

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
SF it sounds like you may not understand how trunking works. Our online wiki has some excellent information to get you started (anything in blue is a link)...

Trunked Radio Systems - The RadioReference Wiki

Just use the links in the 'overview' section to get started.

We also have a decent start on a FAQ for the RS/GRE Object Oriented scanners, of which the PRO-106 is one of them.

GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanners FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

You may benefit from reading (and downloading) the Easier to Read manual to get you started. There's also programming shortcuts, links to software and much more.

73 Mike

guitarbrian30

Hey buddy I am in sioux falls everyday. I can program your radio for you. Or send you the file. Yeah having THE shack program your radio is not cool.

I have most of the county FIRE, EMS, SO units programed.

The city fire I also have programmed in the Radio ID. Most impressive.

Send me a PM if you need anything.

SDGUY

I would get in touch with guitarbrian30. He can program your scanner so that fire/ems is one talk group, police a different one etc. He can also set it up so that different color led lights come on for different talk groups, flash for some etc. He can also set up it up so that fire is a priority or ems are priority etc. That means it will interrupt what you are listening to if there is a broadcast on the talkgroup that is most important to you. You can also turn on and off talk groups if you only feel like listening to fire etc. You got a really good scanner but I admit, it took me a few days to learn how to program. The best thing is to learn to program it yourself. You can download a 30 trial version of WIN500 for free and use it to program your scanner. A premium membership here will also make it easy to choose what you want to listen to and greatly speed up the programming.

Unlimited

I would get in touch with guitarbrian30. He can program your scanner so that fire/ems is one talk group, police a different one etc. He can also set it up so that different color led lights come on for different talk groups, flash for some etc. He can also set up it up so that fire is a priority or ems are priority etc. That means it will interrupt what you are listening to if there is a broadcast on the talkgroup that is most important to you. You can also turn on and off talk groups if you only feel like listening to fire etc. You got a really good scanner but I admit, it took me a few days to learn how to program. The best thing is to learn to program it yourself. You can download a 30 trial version of WIN500 for free and use it to program your scanner. A premium membership here will also make it easy to choose what you want to listen to and greatly speed up the programming.

I know how to select diffrent leds and make it so it interrupt what your listening to and brocast that instad of the other one. I just want to know the diffrent freq. The ones that I looked at on here are Analog.They are the same as analog freq. So Im not sure where to get the freq. Like I said I know how to program them but, when i programed talk groups nothing ever came across them. Do you know why? Do I need to change a setting or something?

Zach

qlajlu

Silent Key
I know how to select diffrent leds and make it so it interrupt what your listening to and brocast that instad of the other one. I just want to know the diffrent freq. The ones that I looked at on here are Analog.They are the same as analog freq. So Im not sure where to get the freq. Like I said I know how to program them but, when i programed talk groups nothing ever came across them. Do you know why? Do I need to change a setting or something?

Zach

The reason why is that you are trying to listen to a trunked system but are not programming a trunked system. You are treating the frequencies as conventional scanning and that does NOT work on a trunked system.

SF-FireRescue, I strongly urge you to read Trunking Basics in the RR Wiki. What you are working with is trunked systems which is a far cry from the "old" frequency only days. Several departments nowadays share the same frequencies, but use Talk Groups (TGs) to differentiate between them.

The reason for the different colors is that Red denotes a Control Channel frequency on a trunked system and Blue is an alternate Control Channel. They have nothing to do with Police or Fire.

I strongly urge you to get some programming software to program your scanner as well as a programming cable. Get either the 20-047 cable from RS, or the 30-3290 cable from GRE. Also get some programming software.

You will find the software recommended here:
  1. WIN500 (My personal favorite)
  2. PSREdit500
  3. ARC Software by Butel
Each one of the programming software gives you a free 30-day trial period to try the software so you can choose the one best suited to your needs.

If you use WIN500 you will find an illustrated tutorial here which gives you step-by-step help in programming your scanner.

EDIT TO ADD: If you will go to the RR Database and click on your state, you will see "Trunked Systems] on the left of the page. The trick here is to know which system you are attempting to listen to. Click on that system and then scroll down. You will see a big section with frequencies. These frequencies are for the trunked system. The Control Channel frequencies (the ones in RED) need to be programmed in. Scroll on down and find the TGs. The TGs need those frequencies in order for you hear them.

Again, I urge you to read "Trunking Basics" linked above so you will understand what is going on.

Last edited:

Unlimited

The reason why is that you are trying to listen to a trunked system but are not programming a trunked system. You are treating the frequencies as conventional scanning and that does NOT work on a trunked system.

SF-FireRescue, I strongly urge you to read Trunking Basics in the RR Wiki. What you are working with is trunked systems which is a far cry from the "old" frequency only days. Several departments nowadays share the same frequencies, but use Talk Groups (TGs) to differentiate between them.

The reason for the different colors is that Red denotes a Control Channel frequency on a trunked system and Blue is an alternate Control Channel. They have nothing to do with Police or Fire.

I strongly urge you to get some programming software to program your scanner as well as a programming cable. Get either the 20-047 cable from RS, or the 30-3290 cable from GRE. Also get some programming software.

You will find the software recommended here:
  1. WIN500 (My personal favorite)
  2. PSREdit500
  3. ARC Software by Butel
Each one of the programming software gives you a free 30-day trial period to try the software so you can choose the one best suited to your needs.

If you use WIN500 you will find an illustrated tutorial here which gives you step-by-step help in programming your scanner.

EDIT TO ADD: If you will go to the RR Database and click on your state, you will see "Trunked Systems] on the left of the page. The trick here is to know which system you are attempting to listen to. Click on that system and then scroll down. You will see a big section with frequencies. These frequencies are for the trunked system. The Control Channel frequencies (the ones in RED) need to be programmed in. Scroll on down and find the TGs. The TGs need those frequencies in order for you hear them.

Again, I urge you to read "Trunking Basics" linked above so you will understand what is going on.

Ok, But the freq. listed here are analog aren't they for the Sioux Falls? They are the same as the other site that has analog freq. for the sioux falls area. I can program it manually but I cannot find the Fire Dept freq. Are they still the same.

I have the ones listed in the scanner all that i here is. A tone then like SQ for a few seconds then its gone and theres no more traffic. No one ever talks. Is the FD in SIoux Falls on a talkgroup? If, So how do you get the Talk Group programmed. I can't afford a program cord because i spent all of it on the scanner.

Unlimited

SCPD

QRT
scroll all way down the above link until you see this :)
Statewide Emergency Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
4320 10e D SP OP 1 Special Operations 1 Interop
4336 10f D SP OP 2 Special Operations 2 Interop
4352 110 D SP OP 3 Special Operations 3 Interop
4368 111

Unlimited

scroll all way down the above link until you see this :)
Statewide Emergency Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
4320 10e D SP OP 1 Special Operations 1 Interop
4336 10f D SP OP 2 Special Operations 2 Interop
4352 110 D SP OP 3 Special Operations 3 Interop
4368 111

ok, if your scroll down you will see Sioux Falls FD Talkgroups and I tried those but nothing ever came over them. And with what the freq. i have now some fire and ems comes over but not all. But can i divide them up so I can have Fire on a channel and police and ems?

SCPD

QRT
ok, if your scroll down you will see Sioux Falls FD Talkgroups and I tried those but nothing ever came over them. And with what the freq. i have now some fire and ems comes over but not all. But can i divide them up so I can have Fire on a channel and police and ems?

Are your sure you have all the freqs programmed correctly & setup as a MO type II sytem?:). program the site(s) closest to you ( have to be able to hear & decode the CC's) before you will be able to monitor it. Also enter each site as a separate system, & enable the scanlist(s) in which you have those sites programmed.
yes you may group them in separate systems however you wish
Paul

Last edited:

Unlimited

Are your sure you have all the freqs programmed correctly & setup as amO type II sytem?:). program the site(s) closest to you ( have to be able to hear & decode the CC's) before you will be able to monitor it. Also enter each site as a separate system, & enable the scanlist(s) in which you have those sites programmed.
yes you may group them in separate systems however you wish
Paul

I not sure what you meant because I started using the scanner 2 days ago but I read Wiki and it didn't say anything about what im trying to do. When I do talkgroups it says NO TSYS or something?

SCPD

QRT
Last edited:

Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.