Sioux Falls Dispatch Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlimited

On my scanner I have the FIRE and EMS that I listen to the most on it. And when the EMS gets called out the dispatch tone goes off for them. But on the fire channel it doesn't. I know they use the same tones on it to dispatch out the fire and ambulances. Is there a way I can fix this at all to I can hear the dispatch tones from the fire channel?

SCPD

QRT
As far Asi tone the tone out feature is only available on some Uniden models?, I could be wrong tho.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Well, It goes off for the EMS & FIRE when they both get dispatched for a medical call. And, I have a radio shack PRO-106 Digital Scanner.

What system/frequency are you monitoring in Sioux Falls? Some systems will give a tone out over a UHF or VHF conventional freq. and then just give the short beep beep beep over the 700/800/900Mhz Trunked Talkgroup, that may be what you are hearing depending who and what exactly you are listening to. this may be better suited for your local (State) forum but go ahead and let us know what freq/tlkgrp you are monitoring....

Last edited:

Eng74

Another thing that can happen is that Fire's alert is sent to the station on a microwave system so there is nothing for them that is going over the air. Do they use MDT's for the fire department?

Unlimited

What system/frequency are you monitoring in Sioux Falls? Some systems will give a tone out over a UHF or VHF conventional freq. and then just give the short beep beep beep over the 700/800/900Mhz Trunked Talkgroup, that may be what you are hearing depending who and what exactly you are listening to. this may be better suited for your local (State) forum but go ahead and let us know what freq/tlkgrp you are monitoring....

Fire – Channel 1
Fire – Channel 2
Fire – Channel 3
Fire – Channel 4
Fire – Channel 5
Fire - Dispatch
EMS
EMS

Im still alittle new into scanning. But I've been in some fire stations and there tones go off for every station in the city. I had my scanner there and when the tones went off for a fire I didn;t get the tones but I got the audio for it. Just no tones came with it. I have them programmed as VUF one.

guest111

So...

Does anyone know what I can do so I can hear when the Fire Department gets called out with the tones?

The dispatch center does not use tones when dispatching fire only. Example, alarm company calls in an automatic alarm requiring just 1 fire unit to respond. You can here digital paging "garbage" on vhf 155.880 but will not here tones. If fire and amb are going to the call you will here the warble tone before the dispatch but that is it.

In other post you said that you are having trouble hearing the fire calls dispatched. As you know the digital ID number for the fire dispatch channel is 23552 aka CHANNEL 6. You should be able to hear fire calls dispatched when you program this talkgroup into the scanner.

Hope this helps

Unlimited

Yes, Kinda helps. I can send you the file I have for it if you want to look at it.

I hear some fire calls go out on it. (Like fire alarms, structure fires and so on) But I wont hear EMS & Fire dispatched over the fire dispatch talkgroup if I just have FIRE scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.