Siren app help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

I have had my 536hp for almost a year now and have finally decided to try the siren app. I have my WiFi dongle set up and connected. I have installed the siren app on my iphone 6 and my iPad but I can't seem to get it to work. I have done extensive internet searches and can't find anywhere that has specific set up instructions for the app and I was hoping I could get some help here. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank.

danzan77

You have to add your scanner to your home network or through infrastructure. Password maybe need through network for your home wifi. Find your scanner ip and add it to siren in settings and that pretty much it.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
One important thing is to ensure your dongle has the latest firmware (7.28).

Then go through the wifi setup procedure via the keypad for infrastructure mode. You'll need the router's password as part of the setup process. Also note the IP address shown on the scanner.

After setting up the scanner, you need to configure your iPhone. It has to use the same router that the scanner uses, which is something in you iPhone settings screen.

Then start the Sentinel app and go to connection (if the connection window doesn't open on its own). Enter that scanner IP address you noted from above, then press Accept.

I've found that occasionally I'll have to go through that connection process several times to get things to "take".

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Or you can set the scanner to AP mode and connect the IPhone to the scanner's AP Wireless connection with the address 192.168.1.1 check the WIFI info on the scanner for the assigned password. (Usually, "Uniden-Scanner")

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Or you can set the scanner to AP mode and connect the IPhone to the scanner's AP Wireless connection with the address 192.168.1.1 check the WIFI info on the scanner for the assigned password. (Usually, "Uniden-Scanner")

That would work too as long as the iPhone is pretty close to the scanner. In AP (or Access Point) mode, I can get more than 10' away.

Also, it's user preference on whether to use security. I don't - one less setting to go wrong.

Tramagod

How do you upgrade the firmware for the dongle? Sorry I'm being a nuisance, I'm somewhat technologically challenged.

Tramagod

Thank you all very much for your input, I'm sure I have enough information now to get it done, ill post a follow-up when I do.

Tramagod

Okay, upgraded the firmware with the dongle connected, updated the database, hooked it all back up, my dongle is connected to my WiFi, still nothing on the app. I've noticed that when putting info in the settings, they don't save. I can enter settings, close with "accept" then "done" and when I open the settings again the info is gone, except the select agency info and it remains as set. I'm really getting frustrated .

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Confirm that you iPhone is connected to your wifi. This is something you have to check on the iPhone Settings page.

After that confirm you are entering the the IP address associated with the scanner, including periods on the IP address. You can see that by pressing on the scanner itself Menu>/Wi-Fi Setup>Show Wi-Fi Information.

Also be sure you scanner is scanning. You can't achieve a wifi connection when the scanner is in a menu window/function.

Like anything else new, it can have its frustrations. It took me a little time before I got it figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.