Siren App Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

KN4QHZ

Per Paul's Thread, the last update was 5/21/2014. Paul can you give provide any new updates etc? My WiFi Link for remote access on my BCD536HP is getting very lonely for the Uniden Siren App. Thanks

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
After this whole issue with Uniden, I'll never purchase another one of their products... It's not just the siren app, but more it's that promised features set that still hasn't been delivered almost 7 months later... I have lost any and all faith in Uniden products and their support. With more and more agencies going encrypted, I guess it really doesn't matter anyhow. Uniden, I sure Im not the only customer you've lost, and I'm sure I won't be the last; and I won't be going back to GRE, or Whistler, or whatever they will call themselves in a few years either... Just my two cents, but these new Uniden's are nothing more than paperweights anymore; the last great scanner was my tried and true BCD396XT; while still having some decoding issues, the interface was far superior in my opinion. These SD-card scanners are a joke!

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
After this whole issue with Uniden, I'll never purchase another one of their products... It's not just the siren app, but more it's that promised features set that still hasn't been delivered almost 7 months later... I have lost any and all faith in Uniden products and their support. With more and more agencies going encrypted, I guess it really doesn't matter anyhow. Uniden, I sure Im not the only customer you've lost, and I'm sure I won't be the last; and I won't be going back to GRE, or Whistler, or whatever they will call themselves in a few years either... Just my two cents, but these new Uniden's are nothing more than paperweights anymore; the last great scanner was my tried and true BCD396XT; while still having some decoding issues, the interface was far superior in my opinion. These SD-card scanners are a joke!

Couldn't agree more.

So many promises turned into so many problems. What a mess.
If a product manager at my employer had a new product release train wreck such as this one did he/she would not be a product manager for long.

As mentioned with many agencies going with encryption I can see the end of monitoring police in the next 5-10 years. Yeah I know there are lots of other things to listen to but most folks bought scanners to listen to the police. Hence the common name "police scanner".

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Upman how about an update on the analyze feature??

I doubt if he can provide any information that he hasn't already. If he was to give a date it would just pass by like all the other dates. Be content with what you got and don't expect them to ever fix the problems. Be aware when buying that you don't always get what they promised. Ever buy a used car?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Advertising features that do not exist is the very definition of "false advertising"... If Uniden does not come through with the advertised features within the next few weeks; I for one will likely seek legal action against the company for a full reimbursement of the purchase price of these units as they likely never going to deliver... I also wouldn't be surprised to see a class-action lawsuit filed in the near future against Uniden America, Corp. as well over this very issue. If you're happy being taken advantage of as a consumer, basically paying to be a beta tester, then so be it. I however, expect a company to stand behind their products and put forth a reputable presence for advertised feature sets; silence from Uniden on this issue is the worst thing they could have chosen! Issues like this have happened with Uniden since the release of the BCD796D scanner; promises on firmware fixes, etc. Only to sell you a new bag of goods a few years later and to cancel support on promised items. I do not expect Uniden to deliver, with that in mind, I expect a full refund for false advertisement of feature sets. I have kept all e-mails, and correspondences in which release dates were announced, features were advertised, etc. Uniden is going to be stuck holding that bag here this time; not me, Joe consumer. Uniden has for the last time, F*cked their customer; now a former customer! Sorry to be blunt, but after 7 months of silence and excuses on these models; I'm entitled to MY opinion and actions against the manufacture. Enough said on the issue, please do not respond further on this unless you are considering the same action against Uniden America, Corp. for false advertisement of features and non-deliverables by the manufacturer...

I doubt if he can provide any information that he hasn't already. If he was to give a date it would just pass by like all the other dates. Be content with what you got and don't expect them to ever fix the problems. Be aware when buying that you don't always get what they promised. Ever buy a used car?

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Paul will provide an update when there is information to provide. In the meantime I'm closing this since it's already veered off-topic with personal opinions, as this topic always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.