Siren App Update !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can remove that tin foil hat now...

By tin hatter are you meaning there is a accusation of a conspiracy?

So your saying Uniden Is NOT conspiring to keep people in the dark,So your also saying that Uniden Executives Have Not discussed the issue and Not thought of a direction to take as far as the issues
discussed here?

That direction being string our buyers along?..Regardless of intent,actions are far louder than words.

A conspiracy is as simple as 2 people discussing a plan on having lunch together,at a specific restaurant.

And if Uniden corporate has Not discussed this matter at any level above the tech/engineers..Then we can attach the label of ineptitude,incompetence or maybe just a general attitude of they dont give a BLEEP.

Keep in mind,I have several WORKING and Not Bait & Switched Uniden radios..Im not an BrandX basher.
Just an onlooker at the situation at hand.

I think Tin Hat references are unfounded.

VE3RADIO

You must be related to my daughter! :D

Well if you owe her something you should pay it to her.. otherwise I am on her side.. she has every right to btch and whine.

All I want is what I paid for.. that is it.. I am not complaining about performance, swanky features, firmware updates or formats like TRBO, NXDN.. I just want the features that made me want to buy this radio. There is no real Phase 2 for me to listen too.. so I don't need that.. I have a half dozen other P25 scanners already so the reason I bought this was for the app.. Since there is no app I feel ripped off.. especially when Paul comes out and says the update is "there is no update" as if he is king sh*t.. what an arrogant response. I will NEVER buy another Uniden product.. what they have done is the equivalent of charging us for the extreme update on the home patrol and then give us no extra features... shameful and I really hope Uniden gets sued over this.. it is inexcusable.

I simply do not understand the legion of idiots that are on here defending Uniden as if they have some stake in the company

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Well if you owe her something you should pay it to her.. otherwise I am on her side.. she has every right to btch and whine.

All I want is what I paid for.. that is it.. I am not complaining about performance, swanky features, firmware updates or formats like TRBO, NXDN.. I just want the features that made me want to buy this radio. There is no real Phase 2 for me to listen too.. so I don't need that.. I have a half dozen other P25 scanners already so the reason I bought this was for the app.. Since there is no app I feel ripped off.. especially when Paul comes out and says the update is "there is no update" as if he is king sh*t.. what an arrogant response. I will NEVER buy another Uniden product.. what they have done is the equivalent of charging us for the extreme update on the home patrol and then give us no extra features... shameful and I really hope Uniden gets sued over this.. it is inexcusable.

I simply do not understand the legion of idiots that are on here defending Uniden as if they have some stake in the company

So when are you going to contact your lawyer? Since you "really hope" they get sued, why don't you get the ball rolling? Why wait for someone else to do it, hmmm?

VE3RADIO

So when are you going to contact your lawyer? Since you "really hope" they get sued, why don't you get the ball rolling? Why wait for someone else to do it, hmmm?

No interest.. hoping something happens and making something happen are two separate things... Not worth my time.. but I would sit by and watch the show if someone else did... I basically just want Uniden to be punished for this.. perhaps time will tell and they will go broke.,, but I doubt it. I truly feel ripped off.. I have not said much about this until now.. but after 7 months and no progress I am actually getting quite pissed off.. As terrible as it is I can reason with a 1 or 2 month delay.. but at the 7 month mark (i think 7 right?) it seems like it will not happen and I have been ripped..

its like when you loan money to someone and they say Ill pay you back in a couple weeks.. and something comes up so it turns it to a couple months... generally they have a excuse or reason you can live with.. but after 7 months you start to expect to never get that money back.. well Uniden.. is that where we are now? Sure there is a problem with the wi-fi adapter.. but what are you doing to correct it Uniden? From Paul's last update of no update it sounds like not much.. still taking in the money from new sales tho I presume.. .still disappointing people when they open the box.. I mean its not like its just a radio reference only type deal.. its on the effin box for crying out loud.

Lots of people on here have suggested resolutions or partial refunds etc.. yet Paul has done neither...

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I just want what I effin paid for... give me what I paid the extra 100 dollar for and I will shut my pie hole.. if you cant do that then give me a 100 dollar refund..

You'd seriously shut up if you got $100? Do you take PayPal? Because I think enough members here are tired enough of this BS (like that you "paid for" something you didn't receive - you paid for a scanner, you got it, end of story) that we could all chip in about 50¢ apiece and get you (and others) over that goal.

phillydjdan

By tin hatter I kean those who believe in their heart and soul that Uniden is conspiring against everyone. Its really quite simple. They put out a **** product. They got stuck with it. Now they are trying to fix it, but its a gushing wound. Is it lawsuit worthy? Depends on how petty you are. Would I waste my time? Nope. I'm just going to give some other company my money.

Suing Uniden over this would be like suing McDonalds cuz your burger was cold. Happens everyday somewhere, but most folks just move on and switch to Burger King...

Perhaps "tin hatter" isnt exactly an accurate label. But if I were to say what sue happy people really are I would likely be banned for insulting people (and maybe even sued over it)...

vindictive42

Premium Subscriber
Idea on siren app

if Uniden is having so much trouble with the siren app, then why dont they just make it a contest. Give away a good prize(scanner and some $$$$) to the person who gets it working. There are alot of smart people who subscribe to RR and I am sure someone could figure it out. More people that work on it the better.......just a thought

anyway thats my two cents...oh!!!!!! no pennies in Canada ...ok nickles worth.

phillydjdan

If we sued everyone that disappointed and angered us with their business practices this very website would likely cease to exist lol

VE3RADIO

You'd seriously shut up if you got $100? Do you take PayPal? Because I think enough members here are tired enough of this BS (like that you "paid for" something you didn't receive - you paid for a scanner, you got it, end of story) that we could all chip in about 50¢ apiece and get you (and others) over that goal.

Sure Ill take PayPal.. if you can get me $100 I will say nothing more about the new Uniden...but I would suspect you wont put your money where your mouth is as from reading your previous posts your part of that legion I was talking about.

VE3RADIO

If we sued everyone that disappointed and angered us with their business practices this very website would likely cease to exist lol

Again.. wishing something would happen and actually doing something are different things.. have you not ever sorta wished something would happen.. even just for your own personal gratification/vengeance?

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Seems a bit like Microsoft's release of WIN ME to fund WIN XP. That POS software never did work. Perhaps the x36HP line is like that.:D

Thats why I sold my both of my BCD536HP radios so I would just not have to worry or deal with when and if when these hardware issues - firmware - software features - when or if they ever get released. At least I am not waiting when the horses mouth will breath any clean fresh air at this point.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Sometimes these forums seriously need a "like" button...!!! :D

I understand why WZ1 is heated..He didnt just pay for a scanner..

Lost of folks paid for a scanner that was WIFI and Smartphone ready.

And lots of folks just got a scanner.I baught a Jeep in my youth...Salesman told me
that I could Off Road in it..I took it off roading and it failed..Miserablly..Blew the diffs,
damaged suspention on mere sand dunes.Towed it into Jeep for service under warranty.
Was told by the service dept that Oh Noooo...THIS jeep is not made for that kind of use.

I sued,I had 3 people with me when the salesman told me it was a jeep,,remember WW2..
theyre made for off road..I sued & I crushed Jeep,they took it back,Paid the bank note.I never even looked at a jeep since..Lifted 4wd GMC/Chevy all the way,,(Pre 2000)

They sold me a off roader that didnt off road.Uniden sold wifi/app scanners that dont wifi,or app...

real simple..WZ1 is ticked off,Im not going to advocate for big corporate.

Im going to get an X36,but not for the what I think are silly useless bells n whistles like wifi..I mean seriously..its a scanner..Not a laptop..not for apps,my smartphone was job issued.My own phone is a dumb phone..makes calls,thats it.

Lighten up on WZ..He and others paid top dollar for a top of the line radio and got shorted.

Not quarreling with anyone,just trying to feel compassion for the next mans blight.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I agree not to beat up other people since everybody paid big bucks for a radio. Before it got to me too bad I just sold my radio's and moved on so I would not be angry or dis-appointed at this point. Just take your money and positive energy and move it somewhere else to where you will be happy.

I ended going back to the bullet proof BCD996XT radios. I am happy for now. No issues.

Whistler hear I come with my money. Can't wait until the new models arrive.....

wise871

Database Admin
This disaster has basically turned folks who share the same interest in scanners against each other when it comes to this situation. I can't blame those who are upset I know eventually the strong supporters will diminish in numbers as time goes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.