Siren app

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed and downloaded the update for the Siren app from the Iphone app Store. I will give it a try soon to see if fit is more stable.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
It looks like it’s the same version. The only thing that I see that is different is the apple signing certificate. I sure was hoping for a newer and less buggy app.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I thought they discontinued support for siren? Something about it (mostly) working on android phones but not fully functional on IOS?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
ProScan lets you stream the scanner audio to multiple devices, and all they need is a browser.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Correct, by using the Web server it works fine. Proscan does take some time to set up, but it is an awesome program.

Last edited:

belvdr

No longer interested in living
ProScan lets you stream the scanner audio to multiple devices, and all they need is a browser.
Or VLC or a similar app. If you don't have a need for ProScan's features or ability to afford it, then you can always point VLC directly at the SDS200's IP. Of course, it's single user only.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The Siren App was never fully completed with all the features Uniden touted. I think there were several things that got in the way. So I believe what we now have is as good as it will ever get.

I think Proscan will be the answer. Unfortunately it appears that using Proscan takes a pretty sophisticate user. Sure would be nice if someone was to do a step by step video on how to set it up for a scanner internet connection.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
The Siren App was never fully completed with all the features Uniden touted. I think there were several things that got in the way. So I believe what we now have is as good as it will ever get.

I think Proscan will be the answer. Unfortunately it appears that using Proscan takes a pretty sophisticate user. Sure would be nice if someone was to do a step by step video on how to set it up for a scanner internet connection.
It doesn't seem overly complex and the manual and linked RR howtos on the web site are fairly straightforward.

Getting it to the Internet so you can listen privately is a bit more work and takes a bit more expertise.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Ubbe

I thought they discontinued support for siren? Something about it (mostly) working on android phones but not fully functional on IOS?
It's fully functional in IOS but Android needs an older version as the newer ones will crash. I use Android 4 without any problems and Android have some extra features compared to the IOS version like review of avoids and select different scan modes like service search and tone-out and those kind of modes and can change volume in the app from a slider function.

The only thing that are missing are probably a native internet access.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.