Siren is now available in the app store!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

y84media

FINALLY!!!! I'm so excited to be able to explore the full potential of the BCD536HP!! I'm going to me getting to know my scanner and see what this thing can really do!

Oh, yeah. April fools. Back to reality.

JamesO

FINALLY!!!! I'm so excited to be able to explore the full potential of the BCD536HP!! I'm going to me getting to know my scanner and see what this thing can really do!

Oh, yeah. April fools. Back to reality.

April Fool.

There is a special place for people like you!!!

Unfortunately, like with most Apps, not sure it will turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread. I find most Apps with the exception of Pandora are only used for a few minutes before things are just not what you expect and are not as useful as planned.

Hopefully I will be wrong about the App, but we shall see.

y84media

Did you really think Q1 was a realistic date anyway?

I wonder if the "Siren" that we saw in the "Uniden New Scanner Launch" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGPEEGw5NzE) video was an artist rendering, and there really was no app at that time. Either way, any app developer for Android or iOS who is worth the money they're being paid should be able to pull it off.

Heck look at the apps coming out of the woodwork, like the FreeSCAN app that is being sold for $2 for example.

Either way, THAT app is what pushed me to buy the scanner. I find it a little disheartening that enough time has now past to where I (we) can't return the scanner for a refund and the app STILL not available.

I've been more than fair, and don't think I've been treated as such.

There is a special place for people like you!!!
Hopefully I will be wrong about the App, but we shall see.

All in good fun my friend. ;)

I'm hoping the app is as good as it was hyped, otherwise I'm sure a lot of us will be upset.

Last edited:

lugnuts

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if the "Siren" that we saw in the "Uniden New Scanner Launch" (Uniden New Scanner Launch - YouTube) video was an artist rendering, and there really was no app at that time. Either way, any app developer for Android or iOS who is worth the money they're being paid should be able to pull it off.

Heck look at the apps coming out of the woodwork, like the FreeSCAN app that is being sold for $2 for example.

Either way, THAT app is what pushed me to buy the scanner. I find it a little disheartening that enough time has now past to where I (we) can't return the scanner for a refund and the app STILL not available.

All in good fun my friend. ;)

I'm hoping the app is as good as it was hyped, otherwise I'm sure a lot of us will be upset.
thats why I havent purchased one yet, ot going to till I see the app

BTW do you have an 81 Y84? I hav a 79 TA myself.

y84media

thats why I havent purchased one yet, ot going to till I see the app
BTW do you have an 81 Y84? I hav a 79 TA myself.

I actually have a 1980 with an 81 gas door :)
It has a 1973 455 & a 200-4R trans. I'm getting 26mpg on the highway with it if I can keep my foot out of it.

Attachments

• IMG_2913.jpg
    IMG_2913.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,064

lugnuts

Premium Subscriber
ah your avatar through me off. sharp looking car, are you on Trans Am country? its mostly 2nd gens.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
just got done watching the marketing video again and Paul told Mabel and Jeff that the app and other features would be out in March and now we are in April. We got fooled alright

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
just got done watching the marketing video again and Paul told Mabel and Jeff that the app and other features would be out in March and now we are in April. We got fooled alright

Well, Paul does have a past history of pulling April Fool's jokes on us.

In all seriousness, what can we do but wait, gang? I'm sure Paul didn't PLAN to not have an app by now. Shh....tuff happens.

@y84media: Nice one - you got me to click! :D

Happy April Fooling, everyone.

-AZ

y84media

ah your avatar through me off. sharp looking car, are you on Trans Am country? its mostly 2nd gens.

I'm on TAC, I usually on TAT & UFB. Here's a pic of my first one that I sold about a year ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yquma3uq.jpg

vortex360

I actually have a 1980 with an 81 gas door :)
It has a 1973 455 & a 200-4R trans. I'm getting 26mpg on the highway with it if I can keep my foot out of it.

0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds. 135MPH on the expressway last night no problem and 53MPG. Mine is the white Ninja 650. Love that machine. :)

Attachments

• 375665_10201582203132445_1961695221_n.jpg
    375665_10201582203132445_1961695221_n.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 682

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I find it a little disheartening that enough time has now past to where I (we) can't return the scanner for a refund and the app STILL not available.

Guess what? Life is not fair. How is it Unidens fault that YOU bought the scanner long before the app was out? In the world of product development, **** happens. That is life.

While it would have been nice to see the app developed, and released at the same time, Uniden decided to not to go that route. Just be happy you did not by an APX7000 hoping Motorola would add QC2 when they originally said they would... That is a multi thousand dollar radio...

A choice you have is to put it up on fleece bay, or the classifieds here, and hope you can recover 50c on the dollar(I would not pay more than half price for a used scanner) and put it towards a 396/996xt and call it a day.

Another choice is to keep the scanner and enjoy it, while waiting for the app to arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.