Siren on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Has anyone had success with using an Android Emulator on Windows to run the SIREN app? I can run the app just fine, except no audio will pass. Audio from other apps and the Android OS is working.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
For the BCD536HP, you don't need a dedicated PC. Proscan will let you monitor and control connecting to the BCD536HP via wifi. It works great! It also gives you more functionality than Siren as you have full control the radio just like you are sitting in front of it.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Make sure input sound device is set to URL and the URL Setup is correct and connected. Also on the Monitor & Test tab, make sure that Loopback is checked.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Not to jump off topic but how do you connect proscan to a 536hp via wifi? I have proscan and have not saw that

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
#1 pick 536 in the drop down scanner box
#2 click comm port under the port tab click URL
#3 click URL setup in the box type in your address of the 536 this is found by looking at the 536 wifi setup.
#4 click audio control then the recorder tab under input sound click URL
#5 URL setup replace the number part of the address only rtsp://192.168.1.141/au:scanner.au
#6 do the same in source client
#7 set the sliders for correct levels click in the loopback to send the sound to the speakers
now you are setup.

woodpecker

Enjoy! Proscan is awesome!

Last time I tried proscan the audio lag was awful, I guess its ok if you just want to stream something without being able to tell what you are listening to, it doesn't take long for the radio display and audio to be way out of sync with each other, not really what I would call awesome.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Last time I tried proscan the audio lag was awful, I guess its ok if you just want to stream something without being able to tell what you are listening to, it doesn't take long for the radio display and audio to be way out of sync with each other, not really what I would call awesome.
Must be on your end using it for years and never had that problem.Even on a obsolete pc.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Audio Lag? Actually when using the Web Server or Source Client feature, the audio lag or latency is produced by the media player network buffer.

Using the Remote Scanner Over IP, the audio is near real time.

{edit} On the latest ProScan version, an option was added to the web page to delay the metadata text tags so the audio and metadata can be sync.

Last edited:

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
I have one other question I hooked up ProScan to my 536 via Wi-Fi and also I ran the proscan client and remote scanner over ip and the audio was terrible any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have one other question I hooked up ProScan to my 536 via Wi-Fi and also I ran the proscan client and remote scanner over ip and the audio was terrible any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If using G729 or mp3, try the other and see if it makes a difference.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Proscan private streaming

I am curious about PROSCAN. If I set it up to stream to the internet, can I make my WIN XP computer also to be a server and then stream only to a device of my own like Android or iPod? What client would I need on the portable device? I am interest in audio only for this application. I do not want to use Broadcastify for this application.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am curious about PROSCAN. If I set it up to stream to the internet, can I make my WIN XP computer also to be a server and then stream only to a device of my own like Android or iPod? What client would I need on the portable device? I am interest in audio only for this application. I do not want to use Broadcastify for this application.

Using my free RadioFeed should work for you since you going to be streaming audio only. Web Server feature. no special client. Just a Browser. Chrome recommended. Use the media player on the web page or other media player.

Status
Not open for further replies.