SIRN & Pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc4jgc

Are custom tables required? I see tables for the Pro-96/2096 but nothing newer.
It seems to work fine without custom tables in the eastern panhandle but seems awfully quiet elsewhere in the state.

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
WV SIRN

Are custom tables required? I see tables for the Pro-96/2096 but nothing newer.
It seems to work fine without custom tables in the eastern panhandle but seems awfully quiet elsewhere in the state.

Once you put in the CCs & ALT CCs it will put in the tables automatically.

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Thanks Bubba, for confirming custom tables aren't required. Since it works fine in Jefferson & Berkely counties (lotsa traffic there) that I had things entered right. I had some doubts because of the lack of activity received elsewhere. Just pulled into Lewisburg less than an hour ago; haven't heard anything on the system other than WVSP Beckley. I normally hear Princeton PD from here; nothing yet tonight though.

ab8sn

Hey Steve

Your lack of activity is probably because most agencies aren't using it "mission critical" comms yet. I know Jefferson, Mercer, Harrison, Marion, and Monongalia Cos are 100% on the system, that would contribute to the high level of activity. Greenbrier Co is still on UHF analog but they do have a few TG's on the system. I work for Nicholas Co and we are starting to use the system more but still have our legacy freqs for portable coverage.

73s and hope this helps

Chad

kc4jgc

Thanks Chad for replying. Sorry for the multiple posts to Bubba comment. I kept getting "connection failure" on my phone, not knowing my post had actually made it. If a mod could delete the multiples that would be cool.

I heard Greenbrier Co. comms all night long while I was sleeping. Even WVSP traffic on SIRN was few and far between. Even prior trips to the Charleston area, which I understand is on the system seemed light on traffic. Last time I was there traffic appeared to be closer to what I would call "normal". I have had the conventional freqs for southern and western counties programmed.

Thanks to you both, 73

Status
Not open for further replies.