SIRN

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I know this might or might not be the right place, but do all WVSP troopers and all the county sheriffs have ALL the NIFOG mutual aid channels in their radios including the ones in the VHF range and in the 700/800bands as well besides UCall40 ? I am in the middle of building a new mission plan aka codeplug for my Harris XG100P radio. I already have the correct IDEN aka Astro P25 band plan for it as well. I turned my Yagi twords the Kearneysville tower using Unitrunker and got it that way here in Aspen Hill, MD in Montgomery County one morning at zero dark thirty.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
do all WVSP troopers and all the county sheriffs have ALL the NIFOG mutual aid channels in their radios including the ones in the VHF range and in the 700/800bands as well besides UCall40 ?
Doug-
I was hoping someone with more direct knowledge might answer this question for you--I do not claim any direct knowledge of the WVSP codeplugs--but here's how radios on this system are supposed to work, according to the WV SIRN SOP:1654823496181.png
You can find that document here:

I hope this helps.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I had already saw that when going thru that web page. Even tho I am located in Montgomery County thus outside of WV, I would not being an authorized programmer for SIRN. I have been working with the Harris Radios plus mother moto and a little bit of Tait radios as well for the past hmm 3 or 4 yrs now. Right now I am using 2 Harris XG100P units as my goto radios plus the APX75K single band unit mounted in my van as well. Not only do I do some traveling into WV but also into Delaware where the whole state is one huge smartzone system with 3 zones.
Hope you have a good weekend and once again thank you for your time
Doug

Bethanylt241

It appears after the storm last night, there are some issues in the Northern Panhandle. Towers are going to “Site Trunking” hit and miss. Is anybody noticing anything out there with sites going in and out?

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Yes they are having issues due to power outages and it is very unreliable right now

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
That is not good at all. They are supposed to have back up power but if no one has visited those sites to do the regular maintenance on them and check that the gen sets will power up and or if the supply of fuel has not been stolen to the gen sets then they need to put in place some type of warning system when something goes down.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
This morning I was in Burtionsville,MD with my Harris XG100P and was receiving 1 to 2 bars from the Kearneysville tower in Jefferson County, listing to Jefferson county and WVSP Troop 2. I wanted to see if I could pick it up by chance since I know I can get it from Gaithersburg, MD as well. I was about 2 miles from the Montgomery County, and Howard plus PG County line along Rt 29 here in Maryland. Not bad at all receiving it from there.

Bethanylt241

Has anybody seen any hits on Hancock County TGIDs, I have a handful of 23xx talkgroups that have showed up but I have not gotten alot of voice.

Bethanylt241

It has been spontaneous for about the last month or two. I have logged what appears to be fire dispatch, law dispatch and I’m assuming Tac channels according to the other channel layouts. I was unable to record voices, but did get TX on them. Doesn’t seem like an everyday use but maybe they are getting closer to the conversion.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Just a heads up to anybody that monitors near Preston County There is a ENC T/G 623 that I was hearing on Sand Springs Tower This Evening and was just wondering what or who it was

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
New WVSIRN Site? West Union WV (Doddridge)

WRER707 YG license -- Central Communications
West Union WV (Doddridge)

P25 emissions

Quoted is a pending app, updating WRER707 West Union site. It has not been approved by the FCC yet. And West Union is now online using the existing channel lineup on WRER707. Thanks to @firemantom26 for sleuthing out this site

1.54 West Union (Doddridge)
WRER707
451.575 cc
463.5875 ac

Because of the pending app to add/delete some freqs, one should expect the channel lineup and control channels to eventually change.