SIRN

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
TG 5186 on Beckley Site heard around 1430hrs. Firefighters directing traffic at a crash scene. Didn't catch the original call so unsure of which department but it looks like the only Raleigh FD Private TG missing is Coal River (101). Radio ID's 510153, 510154.
That would most likely be Coal River Private since those match their portable radio ids

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Brooke County news

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hey SIRN peeps. There is a new tower online down in Fayette Co area -- "Layland". No idea on the freqs. I believe it is probaby using 400 mhz freqs as it was installed for/by/at NPS.

So if you are around Fayette / Nicholas / Greenbrier counties, please do a scan from about 400-416 mhz and 454-455 mhz and see if any new P25 control channels pop up.

Obviously, even better would be somebody with access to Unitrunker, DSDPlus or Pro96Com who could gather information about the new site, assuming they find it.

It IS online per SIRN documents. So you guys simply have to search it out.

If you use DSDPlus / Unitrunker / Pro96Com, please attempt to check site info for all sites that border it -- Layland would show up as a new neighbor and the control channel frequency would be listed in the neighbor list.

Most (if not all) of the sites below would be neighbors of Layland. So if you can at least get the neighbor lists for a couple of the sites below, that'll reveal some needed info to identify Layland.

2-031 Beckley
2-036 Glen Jean
2-025 Flat Top
2-026 Alderson
2-040 Quinwood
2-033 Ansted
2-042 Summerville

Mike

Last edited:

wvscanner

Database Admin
Hey SIRN peeps. There is a new tower online down in Fayette Co area -- "Layland". No idea on the freqs. I believe it is probaby using 400 mhz freqs as it was installed for/by/at NPS.

So if you are around Fayette / Nicholas / Greenbrier counties, please do a scan from about 400-416 mhz and 454-455 mhz and see if any new P25 control channels pop up.

Obviously, even better would be somebody with access to Unitrunker, DSDPlus or Pro96Com who could gather information about the new site, assuming they find it.

It IS online per SIRN documents. So you guys simply have to search it out.

If you use DSDPlus / Unitrunker / Pro96Com, please attempt to check site info for all sites that border it -- Layland would show up as a new neighbor and the control channel frequency would be listed in the neighbor list.

Most (if not all) of the sites below would be neighbors of Layland. So if you can at least get the neighbor lists for a couple of the sites below, that'll reveal some needed info to identify Layland.

2-031 Beckley
2-036 Glen Jean
2-025 Flat Top
2-026 Alderson
2-040 Quinwood
2-033 Ansted
2-042 Summerville

Mike
Layland is already in the database. Site 2-044
2 (2)044 (2C)LaylandFayette454.0125c454.0625a454.2125454.2625454.4875

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Jeff,

Do you know where the actual physical location of the Layland site is? If so, shoot me a PM or email. I like to document the site locations. I can't even find any Microwave licenses around the Layland area.

Thanks

Mike

moochie

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been picking up traffic on Harrison County TG 112? I've been picking up sporadic encrypted transmissions on this talkgroup. Radio ID's are mostly belong to the Harrison County Sheriff's Department.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hi, by any chance is there an archive of these somewhere online? I am interested in reading more about sites in the areas from Weston to around Wardensville (basically the path of Corridor H - Route 48). That's the area I want to concentrate on since I use that route. I also use Harmon to Seneca Rocks up to Cabins route. I forget the route number. Thank you.

Richard in Edenton NC

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Hi, by any chance is there an archive of these somewhere online? I am interested in reading more about sites in the areas from Weston to around Wardensville (basically the path of Corridor H - Route 48). That's the area I want to concentrate on since I use that route. I also use Harmon to Seneca Rocks up to Cabins route. I forget the route number. Thank you.

Richard in Edenton NC

Richard in Edenton NC

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I searched through this thread and found a few posts regarding Fayette county eventually switching over to SIRN.. When I was there a about 6 months ago I put them on our console and radio to monitor but there was very little traffic if any. I heard everything on their analog frequencies still but just a conversation here and there on their LE talkgroup. Any idea on when the switch over is supposed to happen or if it ever will?

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Just saw this thread which states they may actually be in the process of switching over: Scanner help.

I'll monitor both threads and see if someone gets 100 percent confirmation they have.