Siskiyou County-Tulelake

Status
Not open for further replies.

usfsengine

Who dispatches for Tulelake FD is it the county or Klamath Falls, Oregon? Do they have their own PD or does Siskiyou County SO and CHP do it? What are the freqs for that area cant find anything on the database? Thanks in advance.

vicjorgee

Who dispatches for Tulelake FD is it the county or Klamath Falls, Oregon?
Answer= Fire dispatches comes from the CDF dispatch center in Yreka. 151.325
However, along with the fire department, EMS is also provided by a volunteer ambulance service called Basin Ambulance. They are unique in that their service area includes both Oregon and California. They are dispatched by the Klamath County 9-1-1 District on Klamath County's fire dispatch 154.070. Many of the ambulance volunteers also are members of their hometown fire departments, so it is common to hear them "cross dispatching" each other when they hear a call coming on the fire dispatch before ambulance dispatch gets it, and vice-versa.

Do they have their own PD or does Siskiyou County SO and CHP do it?
Answer= Tulelake has it's own police force, I believe consisting of a chief and two officers. They are dispatched by the Siskiyou County Sheriff on 155.310. I haven't listened to the SO in awhile, but I would often hear "Tulelake One', "Tulelake Two", and Tulelake Three" on the Sheriff Dispatch freq. The Sheriff's office has deputies assigned to the "East Patrol" who cover the county around Tulelake, Butte Valley, as well as serve as the City of Dorris police force. The Siskiyou County Sheriff and CHP, as well as sometimes the Klamath County Sheriff and Oregon State Police units that cover the Merrill/Malin area, all closely work together to provide assistance to each other if needed.

What are the freqs for that area cant find anything on the database?
Answer= Shown above.

Thanks in advance.
You are welcome. I hope it helps.

usfsengine

Thanks Vicjorjee. That was alot more helpful than the reply before you, who just sent me a link to the Siskiyou County RR page. Thank you also for explaining it. So just for my understanding Tulelake Fire is Dispatched by Cal Fire correct I think I got that.

vicjorgee

Yes sir, that is correct. Cal Fire dispatches Tulelake Fire.

You are very welcome for the reply! I will doing some camping in Modoc County soon. If I see a Forest Service engine I will be sure to wave!

usfsengine

Sounds great. Where abouts will you be camping? I work on the west side of the Modoc N.F. Long Bell area E-45. Stay safe out there.

SCPD

QRT
Who dispatches for Tulelake FD is it the county or Klamath Falls, Oregon?
Answer= Fire dispatches comes from the CDF dispatch center in Yreka. 151.325
However, along with the fire department, EMS is also provided by a volunteer ambulance service called Basin Ambulance. They are unique in that their service area includes both Oregon and California. They are dispatched by the Klamath County 9-1-1 District on Klamath County's fire dispatch 154.070. Many of the ambulance volunteers also are members of their hometown fire departments, so it is common to hear them "cross dispatching" each other when they hear a call coming on the fire dispatch before ambulance dispatch gets it, and vice-versa.

Do they have their own PD or does Siskiyou County SO and CHP do it?
Answer= Tulelake has it's own police force, I believe consisting of a chief and two officers. They are dispatched by the Siskiyou County Sheriff on 155.310. I haven't listened to the SO in awhile, but I would often hear "Tulelake One', "Tulelake Two", and Tulelake Three" on the Sheriff Dispatch freq. The Sheriff's office has deputies assigned to the "East Patrol" who cover the county around Tulelake, Butte Valley, as well as serve as the City of Dorris police force. The Siskiyou County Sheriff and CHP, as well as sometimes the Klamath County Sheriff and Oregon State Police units that cover the Merrill/Malin area, all closely work together to provide assistance to each other if needed.

What are the freqs for that area cant find anything on the database?
Answer= Shown above.

Thanks in advance.
You are welcome. I hope it helps.

I would imagine that all this assistance requires mutual aid agreements (MOA's) and those that cross state lines would need a more complex MOA document. That means there are a lot of MOA's in this area. Without MOA's in place the liability issues are horrible, enough so that the admin types of agencies issue directives prohibiting mutual aid.

Mono County has MOA's with Douglas, Lyon, Mineral and Esmeralda Counties; the NHP; as well as California agencies (CHP, CDF, State Parks), and the NPS, BLM, and USFS. The interaction with the Nevada agencies is not frequent due to the nature of the population and it's proximity to the state line.

It sounds like the Oregon border area has a lot more dual-state mutual aid going on. I would hope that everyone but the CHP and Caltrans is on VHF-High.

Status
Not open for further replies.