Site 003 Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devile

Premium Subscriber
Can someone explain this to me, it's an update in Edmonton database... My scanner seems to be working good for me still, and i don't believe i have any part of site 003 in it... Just looking for some insight... Thanks

SCPD

QRT
You are not missing anything important. This Edacs system uses SYS1 as the main system and really all the talkgroups worth monitoring are on this system. I think that with Edmonton Transit being added to system 1 .. you may see an increase in frequencies on this system some time in the future. I think this is what SYS 3 is all about. Maybe it is a backup system .. or future LCN's. I think only time will tell what happens.

devile

Premium Subscriber
ok, that's what i was thinking, but i just wasn't sure... thanks... Oh and hey, while i have someone around... I'm adding sturgeon county's town fire channels into my BC246T... it's ok to separate them even though they have the same freq, as long as I set the CTSCC, right?

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Yes that is how I have done Sturgeon county but I do also run one channel on 154.055 with no PL tone. That way I can hear the original dispute and decide which area to lock in. Keep in mind this is not one repeater that covers all the towns but individual ones in each other than Bon Accord? Gibbons which is shared.

Harry

devile

Premium Subscriber
ok, so it should work then... And i guess with the repeater being so far away, there's a good chance i won't pick it up in edmonton with my minimal antenna? I'll have to wait a few months til i'm living out there... I'm locked in now just to see if i'll hear anything, and i'll leave it on for a few days to see what happens...

SCPD

QRT
Both EMS Dispatch 1 and Fire Dispatch 1 are being simulcast on site 3 this afternoon.

Radio contractors working on the City of Edmonton EDACS radio system infrastructure expansion have until March 31 to complete the work. It’s going to be an interesting week for sure.

Last edited:

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Work was done but the big changes have not been made. I think they are dreadfully behind schedule. Not even 1 Transit bus has been brought onto the new system. System 003 remains as it was before the deadline.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.