Site 23 Being St George?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Well that confirms that, but do you happen to own a Bcd396t or one that may pick up and decode the SID ? And if so could you confirm the site # id for us, the DB says its 23.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
kf7yn said:
UHP TOC North 19712 and TOC South 19744 are active now. Looks pretty obvious the goal is to extend UHP (and others) statewide ability. I really doubt it's a temporary thing. I come here several times a year down here so I'll be listening.

Okay, I'm confused. I have been listening to TG 19712 for awhile now, and the comms are in Salt Lake County. What is the SL Co UHP officers doing in St George? That is a pretty lengthy response time, or has St George been moved north?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I can pick up 19712 and 19744 alot here and have done since I found the Ucan was on for almost 2 years ago. These 2 are the most active next to airmed lifeflight and corrections 6560. I even hear Utah County SO north and south as well. I think they can turn it off and on to all areas and the officers dont have to be near there for the system to be monitored. In total from Ford Ridge alone I have picked up over 60 TG's since I found it 2 years ago.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Besides You can listen to Las Vegas on NSRS and SL on UCAN in one area at the same time. Now how many people can say that.

qlajlu

Silent Key
enosjones said:
Besides You can listen to Las Vegas on NSRS and SL on UCAN in one area at the same time. Now how many people can say that.
Shoot, Enos, it sounds like you might have the best seat in the theater right now.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
qlajlu said:
Shoot, Enos, it sounds like you might have the best seat in the theater right now.

No not me, its the St. George people that are lucky. I can't hear the Las Vegas Stuff (I wish I could), I'm lucky in the respect of I get to hear all the stuff and traffic around Salt Lake, Provo, and Worst Valley (cough) I mean West Valley ;) :p (sorry) and not have to be anywhere near it. Used to be that you had to be within the area to enjoy listening to it.

kf7yn

I am using my Pro-96, just shows ID 7202, sorry I can't confirm the site ID.

enosjones said:
Well that confirms that, but do you happen to own a Bcd396t or one that may pick up and decode the SID ? And if so could you confirm the site # id for us, the DB says its 23.

kf7yn

Today TG ID 30720 is active on the St George system. Callsigns and locations indicate this is St George PD. It is simulcast of VHF. So far just the one TG, and it's a secondary channel, not dispatch.

The plot thickens...

Junior1970

I heard this TG off of Nelson last night. A lot of drivers license checks and warrant info. Like Jon said it's definitely St. George PD. One of the units identified this as "Ch 4" and the last time I checked a VHF radio from St. George PD. Channel 4 was a service channel I believe. (one being dispatch, two and three car to cars and five being SWAT.)
Something interesting to note: UCAN's talkgroups are divisible by 32 and in doing the math TG 30720 under the current UCAN TG allocation doesn't compute. It IS however divisible by 16 which is how the Motorola systems usually are. I guess UCAN elects to skip every other one and has since the beginning. Hopefully it pops up on Nelson tonight. I'll have to watch to see if it pops up on UC Simo tonight as well.

Utah_Viper

My only concern is that we should not update the database with any TG's until after the spring break. These could be temporary and not the final TG's for St. George. Keep us posted though!

kf7yn

TG 30784 was also active yesterday with St George PD car to car chatter. I seriously doubt these are temporary for Spring Break... too much testing going on with what they are calling "new channels".

Junior1970

Has anyone monitoring the UCAN Engineers heard them refer to this with a site name other than Site 23, such as Nelson for example? We know where it is but if they were testing out in Hurricane it's possible that it's part of a possible simocast site such as we have up this way. I know there are some towers on SR 9 heading from I-15 east to Hurricane, plus the possibility of a site at Utah Hill. Kind of wished I headed down this weekend for the festivities after all!

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Utah_Viper said:
My only concern is that we should not update the database with any TG's until after the spring break. These could be temporary and not the final TG's for St. George. Keep us posted though!

I think we should put them in as they are active and we have IDed the user...

TG: 30720 St George PD
TG: 30784 St George PD Car to Car

Anybody else got any feelings on the matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.