Site 3 TG 11904?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbogs

I see in the database this is listed as Davis County Sheriff. I've been listening to this for the past hour and sounds like training for high speed chases. Traveling on roads like Tower Road and Sidewinder Road. According to Unitrunker today alone this TG has had 323 hits. Has anyone else noticed this?

qlajlu

Silent Key
That's interesting because my dusty list of old TGs shows TG 11904 as Layton PD (SWAT). Of course this list is several years old so it could have been changed.

As far as the training goes, it sounds as if they are doing what Sandy was doing yesterday. See this thread because Viper treated us with a satellite view of the driving course and those street names you have mentioned I have heard being used when other agencies are doing tactical pursuit driving training.

LGLHOOK

tbogs said:
Do we want to submit a correction for this TG as Davis County Sheriff Training?

Are we 100% sure that it is infact "Davis County" or was it Layton City doing the EVO? I know that each agency uses their own channels at the EVO track for training. For instance when West Valley is there, they use channel 14 for this training even though it is designated for the E-center special events.

qlajlu

Silent Key
tbogs said:
Do we want to submit a correction for this TG as Davis County Sheriff Training?
I don't think so. Yesterday, when it was Sandy, they were using one of their own TGs. I believe that they simply find an available TG assigned to their own department and use it. Typically each department does not have enough training sessions requiring radio traffic for that department to dedicate a TG to be used only for training. (Intuitively, you would think they would use a county Ops TG anyway, wouldn't you?) I believe that they are like Unified Fire. They ask the dispatcher to assign them a TG not being used so they can hold a training session and then open the channel when they are through.

However, I would like to positively ID this TG as to whether or not it is a Layton TG or if it has in fact been assigned to Davis County.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.