• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Site 38 info for MPSCS

PJH

Database Admin
Database Admin
Site 38 was again heard on the air in the greater Bozeman area. I thought I had some of the stuff figured out, but my logs seems to be incomplete. As the control channel is part of the marine blanket license, there is no true license in the FCC database to look up at this time. I had the TX freq for the control channel as 157.x or 159.x, but again, the logs apparently didn't save properly.

I am almost sure its a low level site in Bozeman, and was heard on the top of Bozeman Pass.

If anyone in the Gallatin County area feels like taking a ride around...

As such, its added to the DB as "Site 38" and given a default county range for those using location based scanning equipment.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Did you happen to get any neighbor site info from Unitrunker / DSD

There is an FCC document that references 161.9875 in use for a new St Mary's site in Glacier County, just outside of the park, that is going in. That's quite a haul though from the Bozeman area.

IAmSixNine

Premium Subscriber
Have a relative in Bozeman who i sent a BCD396XT a while back. So far he is getting into it.
Unfortunately he isnt able to use or set up Unitrunker. But im working on getting him more proficient with his scanner to add one more user to the area who likes to scan.